Thread: Can’t check usage on Smartbytes page if haven’t crossed FUP with Airtel

Can’t check usage on Smartbytes page if haven’t crossed FUP with Airtel

I recently started using Airtel’s internet. I am using it regularly for past three days and I am using the plan which allows me to download data of only 8 GB per month. When I am using, then at the end of my day, I try to check the amount of data remaining for use. But Airtel’s smartbyte doesn’t show this data. It shows the plan I have subscribed for, the last date till which I can use and for further use when I have to pay more money. But there is no place where I can find amount of data usage remaining. How do I know how much data I can still use on my Airtel’s internet connection, is there any other website which shows this data?

Re: Can’t check usage on Smartbytes page if haven’t crossed FUP with Airtel

Actually the Airtel Smartbytes shows the data usage after you exceed the amount to which you have subscribed. I know how bad it is when you go on using internet and downloading stuff thinking that there must be lot of data usage remaining when in the middle of month you know that you have finished all the data usage allocated to you. Another thing that usually happens is that one keeps thinking that he will soon end the data usage and thus keeps control on downloading. In this the person deprives himself of all the stuff he wishes to download. In the end he realizes that he hasn’t even downloaded data of half the data usage he was allocated. I know it is a bad move from Airtel’s side that they haven’t provided any option to know how much data has been used till now. They should let users know how much data they can still use or know how much is remaining, this will help to manage the use of internet and stop user from being forced into restricting himself/herself to its use.

Re: Can’t check usage on Smartbytes page if haven’t crossed FUP with Airtel

Just to add trouble of the users, Airtel has made the cost of extra data usage very high. The price of adding more 1 GB of data usage to the current plan will cost around Rs 30 to Rs 100 depending on the plan customer is using. This price is also without any taxes, after addition of taxes, the range becomes Rs 40 to Rs 120. They know that most of the users need extra data usage in the end of the month. So if they charge fewer amounts for internet plans with less speed, they know that user won’t even finish using till the end of the month. But if they charge more for the customer’s with higher speed plans, then it is sure that they will end up using the extended data usage quickly and they’ll be forced to buy extension for data usage again. So I think that is why you can’t see amount of data usage remaining on Airtel Smartbytes. Else, the customer will use it carefully leading to less sell in extension packs of data usage provided by Airtel.