Thread: Internet Connection drops and WCG200 hard resets itself

Internet Connection drops and WCG200 hard resets itself

I am having a Linksys WCG200 router and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is losing Connection frequently and resetting itself as well. I have tried restoring the router to factory defaults as well but it is not making any difference. Is there anything else that I can try out further? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Internet Connection drops and WCG200 hard resets itself

Your issue seems to be weird I think that there is something wrong with your router. I have come across people having issues with connection dropout but I have not come across any where his or her router gets rebooted. I just wanted to know that have you tried updating the firmware of WCG200? If not then try out the same and see if it is helping. Just make sure that you are resetting and reconfiguring your router after updating it as recommended. You should also update to the latest firmware available. If updating the firmware is not helping you out then you will have to get your router checked, there are possibilities there might be some kind of hardware fault.

As far as connection dropout is concerned you can try updating the wireless card of your driver. If that’s not making any difference as well then you need to go through some basic trouble shooting methods like making sure that there are no devices that might be interfering with the wireless connection. You can try out disconnecting all the other devices that might be connected to the same network and check out if you are still facing drop out with your system. You can try out changing the channel as well. If these things are not making any difference then I will guess that there is something wrong with your router. Since you have mentioned that it is resetting itself frequently as well I will suggest you to try out using some other working router and check out if it is working fine. If it does then I don’t think that you will face connection drop out issue until there is something wrong from the isp side. Just check out what I have suggested and post back what you get so that I can have a better idea of your case and will try to help you further with possible solutions.

I think you were right there is really something wrong with the router. After your suggestion I had tried out updating the wireless driver of my system which was not making any difference and I was still having the same issue. I had already gone through the basic trouble shooting for wireless connection but they were not helping as well. Now I have tested out the connection with other working router from my friend and everything is working fine with the same, no drop out, no hard reset anymore. I will get the router checked and if possible will get it replaced.