Thread: Is there really a 4G auction in India

Is there really a 4G auction in India

If I am not wrong Indian government is looking forward to conduct auction of 4G spectrum. They already conducted an Auction of 2G spectrum but it was resulted into huge scam. But for 4G service auction they said that auction would be transparent. I doubt whether it would beneficial to common man.

What you guys think about the same ?

Re: Is there really a 4G auction in India

We know that 4G service should be used for Data service. Both Spectrum and service licensing are completely different from each other. If I am not wrong there would be couple of auction for 700MHz band. It will be able to move longer distance.

LTE is using 700MHz and 2.3GHz bands. In my opinion 700MHz service should be used for rural market and it will provide low speed as well. 700mhz should be having more coverage area as compare 2.3 ghz so more operators would like to purchase it. also price should be quite higher as well. also there are huge chances of expensive between the telecom operators.

Airtel is really interested to take part into 4G auction. So far 3G service was completely failed into India as it is highly charged by Telecom operators. As far as 4G service concerned, I don’t think so it would be available for mobile service, since so far there is no mobile phone available in India which is having support for 4G service. In fact it should be provided dongles and tablets if I am not wrong.

I do agree that Operator would try to recover maximum profit by 4G service. Actually the infrastructure of India is not developed for 3G service. So why they are so egar about 4G service?

According to me they should implement 3G service properly and make it so reasonable that a common man can use it. after that look forward for 4G service. Currently to use GPRS service on 3G is quite expensive. I am hoping that government officials and telecom operators should have a look on these points.

Right now all telecom provide using 2.3 GHz band. Indian government wanted to conduct auction of 700 MHz band so there would be very low maintenance cost. Once said band is auctioned all the operators will be able to make business plan. We know that LTE is also using IP services .

So before its gets released in India they need to change laws which are associated with VOIP. I would like to share some other information as well. FD-LTE works at low frequency and it cover very big area. Apart from that upload and download is similar so it should be used for telephony operations. TDLTE is useful to operate into low coverage area. Both upload and download links are not symmetric. It should be used for internet rather than that of telephony operations.

We all are aware of that interoperability is possible between different telecom operators while you are in roaming. The Indian government files a case against of the same. it would be beneficial to telecom operators for non-registered states. So there would be more profit to government as well. the 4G auction will not generate same revenue as that of 3G auction in case interoperability between the telecom operator remains as it is.