Thread: How to connect a Micromax Fun book through photon plus.

How to connect a Micromax Fun book through photon plus.

I am interested to purchase a Micromax Fun book. I am already having a Photon Plus connection. Now how can I get connected to the Fun book through WiFi. In my place Photon has not yet launched the 3 G service but BSNL , Reliance etc. has already launched. If connected through WiFi can I remain connected on the way.

Re: How to connect a Micromax Fun book through photon plus.

The funbook itself comes with a offer of getting Tata Photon Plus. The tablet supports a usb modem. Just hook the usb modem to the tablet with cable provided with tablet. You can also share that internet connection with other via tethering. Because of Android it is more versatile to use a tablet. There is no hectic setup required.

First of all connect the device and the choose Edit connections from system tray. After that go to Mobile Broadband tab and click add. This will automatically get the device detected in the next window. If not then install modem manager and ppp related software from synaptic. Now click continue and choose Country India and continue. You have to now choose Tata Indiacom Photon+ and in the next window check the selections and apply the option. Now you need to edit newly added connection. Then you can go to Mobile broadband tab and APN must be already set to #777. After that set Username as internet and Password as password, thats it.

To connect the Micromax Funbook tablet you need to connect the dongle using the USB converter cable and then go to Settings. After that go to more and then turn off Airplane mode. Now choose Mobile Networks and then set both Data enabled and Data roaming on. Now choose Access Point Names and then the entry for Tata should be present already. Simply tap on the small circle beside the entry to the right side to choose it and it must be enabled showing a blue dot.