Thread: How to troubleshoot Beetel 450TC1 using Airtel broadband connection?

How to troubleshoot Beetel 450TC1 using Airtel broadband connection?

recently I have purchased Airtel broadband connection with Beetel 450TC1. I noticed an issue and I wanted to discuss the same over here. there is IInd SSID which is having name MGMNT. As I am trying to change MGMNT SSID on the router it simply getting grayed out. I don’t think so it could be a major issue but the only thing is that it has been secured by WEP and I am really concerned about security only.

Re: How to troubleshoot Beetel 450TC1 using Airtel broadband connection?

Do you getting SSID on Laptop wireless network page? You should also go through the Client TR_069 menu and simply disable the same. you can do the same by using AIRTEL sets. However I am not sure about whether MAC filter white list should be enabled or not. Let me know if you have noticed any additional MAC address listed.

I think there is default setting by Airtel. However you can try with the new SSID and there should not be any security key. However as there are number of laptops are connected every single user would need different type of SSID access or you can say security code.

Another thing which I wanted to tell you that you should deactivate all the PVC except then one which has been used. You should select one after another and deactivate SAVE. Or you should delete . you should see at the summary that connection could be active.
    If it is not helps you than you should select accesspoint Deactivate index 2 which is showing MNGMT SSID. You will need to save the same and see whether it helps you out or not.

If you are getting other SSID on your network apart from the one which you are having then there are chances that MNGMT has been also seen by any other. Well if you have entered MAC address on the WLAN card in MAC filter. Though no one will be able to access the security key and other users will not be able to access your network and you will be able to see MAC address. If you wanted to get the MAC address the execute ‘ipconfig /all’ on the command prompt. After that you will be able to see Wlan card MAC address.

I think you should not make use of wireless mode. It will also reduce the Transmit power. Make sure that you have kept Wi-Fi router which is quite parallel to ground and rotate. It would transmit the signal in figure of eight into the polar system. you should check and confirm the range of reception which you are getting into the radius of your house. Could be possible that security key which you own might be hacked. Also there are chances that you Mac filter can be spoofed.