Thread: How to get the total bandwidth for surfing?

How to get the total bandwidth for surfing?

Hi, guys I have laptop and I am using windows 7 in and I starts internet with the help of the dial up connection. I have installed the torrents software. Whenever I am trying to surf the internet at that instant torrent download starts because of this my internet speed gets affected. Is there any utility or technique so that I can use total bandwidth for my browser? So can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

re: How to get the total bandwidth for surfing?

Here I have gone through all of query and I just wanted to tell you that torrent software is nothing but limiter that means here torrent itself has download limiter. Whenever you start the browser it automatically catch the link for the download.

Here dude, I am completely satisfied with the above statement. Sometimes this happens I can give you one solution so that you can stop the reserve bandwidth. Here if you are windows user then I am completely sure about that you will get the 20% extra speed. I t can be possible only with the help of the windows bandwidth. Actually here I just wanted to say that is by default windows hold your 20% of your bandwidth. Just like a windows update and other services. If you want to do this I will recommend you please follow these steps. make sure that you must log in the administrator.
    1>first of all click on the start button and then click on run.
    2> in run type the "gpedit.msc"(without quotes).
    3>then click on computer Configuration (in left side panel).
    4> then you will see the administrator Templates (In right side panel).
    5>open Network and “QoS Packet Sheduler”.
    6> then open Limit Limit reservable bandwidth, then you will see that new window will appear.
    7> click Enable and then change the bandwidth from 20% to 0%.
    8> then click apply and then OK then restart your PC.
    I hope this will help you to solve this issue.

Here this can be one solution for solving you bandwidth issue. I would suggest you that use two bandwidth pools. First is world (upstream) and second one Internal (Downstream). I case I will recommend you that put first web surfing with how much bandwidth you are guarantee for it. And second PEER to PEER(P2P) (torrent) with minimum guarantee bandwidth say about 50. Here one more points I just wanted to say that is you can use “specific Upper bandwidth limit” in the upstream and along with limit it about 10% of your upstream bandwidth.

Hi guys , I am satisfied with your comments and I just wanted to say that torrents takes up most of the bandwidth so here I can say that you need to limit the bandwidth which used by torrent. If you see the torrent client you will get the way hoe to limit the bandwidth. I hope this will help you.