Thread: It says to visit the other link when i try to check BSNL broadband usage

It says to visit the other link when i try to check BSNL broadband usage

Whenever I was suppose to check out my broadband usage I use to visit data.bsnl.in, but from past 1 month I have noticed that whenever I check the usage from the same link it actually gives me a message saying that “Dear Customer, Kindly use the below mentioned link for self care”. And the link it provides is "selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in".

Is this really the real link where I can check my data usage, do I need to register again for my account or I will have to use the same previous account over here?

re: It says to visit the other link when i try to check BSNL broadband usage

Yes I think you are supposed to register at this new link with a new account. This is not going to have any impact on you. You just have to call up the local BSNL exchange. They will provide you with the customer ID. After that you have to simply register yourself at Self Care link using the provided Customer ID.

After doing so you have to call at 1500, remember this is a toll free number. Just have a talk to them and they will surely provide you with a password in order to activate your account.

Yes I think you are supposed to register at this new link with a new account. This is not going to have any impact on you. You just have to call up the local BSNL exchange. They will provide you with the customer ID. After that you have to simply register yourself at Self Care link using the provided Customer ID.
    I don’t think this new link is good for me. I have already registered at this link. But not yet got a activated account. i am sure that I didn’t make any mistake while registering.

I think I registered at this site some 2 weeks ago, but still my account is not activated what could be the possible issue for this inconvenience? I also had a talk with the BSNL exchange but they said that they are completely unaware of this and told me to contact some other branch. Is there anyone who has the idea about when exactly they activate the account after the registration?

This should actually not happen if you have registered properly at this site. There maybe some issue while registering which you have not noticed properly. Just let me know whether you found your exact proper location while registering. If not then better you complain online at All India Site.

They will provide you with the customer ID. After that you have to simply register yourself at Self Care link using the provided Customer ID.
    • Usually customer ID which the exchange provide you is about 8 or 10 or 12 digit customer number which actually appears on your telephone Bill.
    • Also the passwords are expected to be sent to your email address and not through the phone, it is only provided when you register in Self Care site.
    • And if the exact required location does not appears on the registration form then better complain online

I also had the same issue; I was unable to see my broadband usage from the regular site. Then I went to the exchange and found that they are actually changing the old billing system and providing a new billing system. And for this reason they are suppose to built new computers and due to this they have stopped the services.

And also the customer ID is not mentioned in my telephone bill. When I asked them about the new customer ID they said that I will soon get the ID in the upcoming telephone bill. If you do not get any response better you check out the website of your STATE and try to complain over there.

This should actually not happen if you have registered properly at this site. There may be some issue while registering which you have not noticed properly. Just let me know whether you found your exact proper location while registering. If not then better you complain online at All India Site.
    There I got the problem. After reading your post I doubt whether the location was displayed on my registration form or not. But then to confirm I tried the registration again and this time I found that my location was not included in the list. But then when I contacted the local bsnl exchange they said that I have to complain online. Can anyone give me the link for that?

Re: It says to visit the other link when i try to check BSNL broadband usage

As already mentioned above, for the online complains you need to visit the “All India online” website. This website definitely have the best effects of your complain and you could also get the best and quick response, so better you try it out. In my case the things were reversed, I need not have to visit this site as my local Exchange Customer Care herself solved the issue.