Thread: What is Vodafone netcruise?

What is Vodafone netcruise?

Can anybody over here throw some light on this topic then it would be better for me that’s what I can say. Well I have heard about the name only and I don’t know much about it. so if anyone who has used it then do let me know about it.

Re: What is Vodafone netcruise?

I did ask many of my friends about it and they said that it is a service being offered by Vodafone and has a speed which stands somewhere between 2G and 3G. that’s what I know overall. So if you are so interested in knowing about the product then you can visit your nearest Vodafone store and enquire from there. You will get all the necessary information out there itself. I hope I am pretty clear out here.

Well I want to share one of my experiences over here actually I had gone to the Vodafone store some days back enquiring about this particular product and the guy out there told me that this is a product which is a usb stick modem and is dedicated to deliver a download speed up to 3-5mbps. I was pretty happy to know about. So I asked him to show me a demo. So after a long wait I was shown the demo from the usb stick that he had and it gave the download speed of 150 kbps. I was taken a back looking at the speed that is showing out there. Even the guy out there was a bit surprised and even he was not having any idea why it is not showing the exact speed.

Here is some information that I got from a particular website well it said that network is of MTS. While the customer servicing is done by Vodafone. Don’t know how much truth is there in it. well I am very curious to know what is the price sharing or revenue sharing model, that’s what I am not understanding at all.

Ok I am just wondering what made Vodafone switch to the mts when Vodafone itself has a better network then mts people. Don’t know what is the reason behind this?

star Re: What is Vodafone netcruise?

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    Ok I am just wondering what made Vodafone switch to the mts when Vodafone itself has a better network then mts people. Don’t know what is the reason behind this?
    Well if you look at the EVDO which is a CDMA 3G version only selected providers like BSNL, MTS, RELIANCE, TATA INDICOM do provide this service. The thing is that MTS give OMH SIM that does works in any modem while the rest of them BSNL, Reliance and TATA does comes with locked modems. While talking about the HSDPA/WCDMA which is also known as GSM 3G. selected providers like BSNL GSM, REL GSM, TATA DOCOMO, AIRTEL, VODAPHONE, IDEA do give these service. Majority of them do lock modems. Now in the cities where Vodafone does not have the 3G license Vodafone asks the other provides to use their 3G networks and they work on the collaboration. Although it is not being allowed by the TRAI but still it is happening.

ThumbsUp Re: What is Vodafone netcruise?

That’s a really good point that you have made over here and I must give credit for what you have said here. There are some important points that you have marked here. About the Vodafone licensing some other service providers to operate in places where Vodafone does not have 3G licenses. I have also heard that they have allowed Airtel and Idea as well to use the Vodafone 3G network in selected places.

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    Can anybody over here throw some light on this topic then it would be better for me that’s what I can say. Well I have heard about the name only and I don’t know much about it. so if anyone who has used it then do let me know about it.
    Hi if you want more information about the Vodafone netcruise then you can check the official website of the netcruise here is the link you can get all the necessary details from there itself.

I think it’s a total product of Vodafone and I cant see a hint of mts out there plus you can get speed upto 3.1mbps as well as upload speed of 1.8 mbps. Prepaid and postpaid differ a lot. Which you can get it from the official site itself.