Thread: How to use openDNS server in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII modem?

How to use openDNS server in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII modem?

I am currently using in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII modem which had been purchased one month before. When I had taken this connection at that time the modem setting was set up by BSNL. One more thing I want discuss with you actually I just wanted to use openDNS servers instead of BSNL DNS servers. I am not able to see any page so that change the DNS setting whenever I put the openDNS server IP in LAN card then I am not able to access the internet. So please give me some tips so that I can fix this issue?

Re: How to use openDNS server in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII modem?

Dude, I can give you easy solution for it. You just search out openDns site itself. If you search then definitely you will get the some tutorial so that you can fix your issue. One more thing if you have set the DNS manually in TCP/IP it should work fine. If you still not able to solve this issue that means there might be a problem of firewell.

Dude, you can change the DNS setting from TCP IP. If you want to change the setting I would suggest you that just right click on the connection (a LAN through which you have been connected).if you see TCP/IP setting then you can easily change the settings along with DNS server.

You can enable the DHCP (Dynamic host configuration protocol) server to enter into DNS server. The steps are given as follows. Go to advance and then LAN (means where router local ip is mentioned). Then you see the different radio button with different option. You just enable the "Enabled DHCP Server" from over there. You will get what you need.