Thread: Best wifi enabled ADSL Router

Best wifi enabled ADSL Router

Going to get Dataone connection by next week. Gathered all the required information but the most annoying thing is that BSNL is no longer offering any modem. I am not sure with the information but when I check their form I noticed that there were no checkboxes for modem in that form.

But then without wasting the time decided to get a brand new best wifi enabled ADSL router. so please let me know any best available router in the market and it should be within a decent range of amount.

Re: Best wifi enabled ADSL Router

Hey I have some related information for you; here are the devices which I could probably suggest you. I am sure they are going to be within your range.

1. Net Gear Wireless Router (WGR614) - Rs. 1650
    2. D-Link Wireless Router (DIR-300) - Rs.1900

The best thing about both of this router is that both cost below 200 rs. And also these routers have ADSL support including another model of Linksys i.e. Linksys WRT54G as per your requirement.

1. Net Gear Wireless Router (WGR614) - Rs. 1650
    2. D-Link Wireless Router (DIR-300) - Rs.1900
    I am damn sure that the Net Gear Wireless Router (WGR614) however comes between the range of 1200-1250 rupees and not 1650 as you mentioned. You can get it at the exact price which I have mentioned at any of the nearby retailer shop. And about the other one i.e. D-Link Wireless Router I am not sure with its price.

The best thing about both of this router is that both cost below 200 rs. And also these routers have ADSL support including another model of Linksys i.e. Linksys WRT54G as per your requirement.
    As far as I am concerned according to me price for Linksys WRT54G should be about 1500-1600. I somehow like netgear and D-link.

Even I would suggest you the wireless Linksys router but not the one which is mentioned above. For your convenience I would better let you know the most important specifications of this router so that you could probably match your main requirements with it and decide whether this router fulfills your need or not:
    • ADSL2+
    • 802.11g with WEP/WPA/WPA2
    • 4 port switch
    • good features
    • 3500 to 4000 rupees
    • Good wifi signal

I would cost you more than 3500, so if you decide to spend more than it’s a preferable one.

Even I am in need of a best router. Actually the thing is that I somehow want my house completely full of wifi. So the first thing I want to know is whether just a wifi enabled router is enough in order to make the whole house with wifi or else I need some additional equipments. So please suggest me with some good brands.

Also if possible you can suggest me with a complete tutorial available in order to connect using a router. And make sure that the router must be a ADSL model built in and the price range could be probably within 2000-2500

Going to get Dataone connection by next week. Gathered all the required information but the most annoying thing is that BSNL is no longer offering any modem. I am not sure with the information but when I check their form I noticed that there were no checkboxes for modem in that form.
    If you sit on web and search for threads I am sure you would get hundreds of threads related to the same query. So why don’t you better go and look out in those threads in order to get the best suggestion. I still doubt with the fact that BSNL does not support supplying modems, I guess its wrong.

Or you can also do one thing go back to BSNL and then tell them that you need to buy/rent a router also along with the Dataone connection. I am sure they will provide you with the router available with them. And if this is the case then better you go for Type IV modem.

Better I would suggest you to go for the one which is provided by BSNL, its ZTE ZXDSL 531B. I know it’s a china model but still its worth buying. As you must know that this device is a wifi router with a built in modem with DSL support.

The most positive thing about this modem is that it costs just 1800 rupees which I guess is very much affordable. And one more thing 1800 rupees only if you buy it from BSNL and if you try to get it from outside then I am not sure with the cost.