Thread: Youtube videos are slow with 750 UL BSNL plan

Youtube videos are slow with 750 UL BSNL plan

Hello friends, I am using a 750 UL BSNL plan with 512 speed at my place, never had any issues with it especially with the downloading speed. But don’t know why suddenly from last week I can see that my youtube videos are playing too slowly, I mean that they take almost an hour to get fully buffered. This never happened before from the time I am using this broadband connection.

Believing that it could be due to some virus issue I ran a scan check but nothing found the result was clear. Now no more ideas are left at my side as I am not a hard core technical person, so please provide me with some solution.

Re: Youtube videos are slow with 750 UL BSNL plan

The first and the for most thing you need to do is to first check out and have few talks with the other known people who are sharing the same BSNL plan, there may be possibilities that there is some fault with the connection itself and even they are facing the same issue. Keep all the unwanted files out of the system. And the most important thing is that run a speed check as this is the most basic and the common thing to be done whenever you face any low speed issue with you broadband or internet connection. You can visit any speedtest site and then check out the download and upload speed of your broadband connection and then post it over here if possible.

Facing issue only with the youtube videos might be probably due to virus also, I know you have already ran a scan check but for a safer side I would suggest you to again run the scan check but with some other effective antivirus. Hope any of my solution will help you out.

Make sure that there is no such downloading going on in the background without your knowledge. There may be some kind of software updates going on due to which your net speed is being ate up by them. Software updates like windows update or some antivirus update. Sometimes there are some updates that automatically get initialized and starts the downloading without even letting us know. Also make sure that if you are having torrents, better you close it including the processes inside it.

Another thing is that you can download any file from Microsoft using an IDM or any other download manager then report the speed over here.

For you kind information let me tell you that 750 UL plan doesn’t gives you sufficient speed in order to watch you tube videos efficiently without any interruption. It actually gives you the speed of not even 1mbps; if I say the accurate speed then it is 64 Kbps which comes like 55-60 Kbps.

And we all know that for watching a smooth video we must however have a speed of at least 80kbps. Also I would like to tell you that sometime it happens that the speed becomes slow from the server and we assume that something is wrong with the connection. Any ways if nothing suggested to works then you could probably try out TCP Optimizer.

Yeah TCP optimizer is a good option. Once you download the TCP Optimizer you need to run it in the administrator if you are using a windows 7 OS. On the top of the window there is sliding bar in order to adjust the connection speed, you can slide the bar how much want but the recommendable speed is 512 kbps. You can easily view the speed that you are adjusting in the bracket where the “Connection Speed" is written.

Now just click on the radio button at the bottom on the optimal settings and after that Click on apply change. This should definitely be able to improve your connection speed including the youtube speed as there are most of the users having this utilization as the most effective one.

Yeah TCP optimizer is a good option. Once you download the TCP Optimizer you need to run it in the administrator if you are using a windows 7 OS. On the top of the window there is sliding bar in order to adjust the connection speed, you can slide the bar how much want but the recommendable speed is 512 kbps. You can easily view the speed that you are adjusting in the bracket where the “Connection Speed" is written.
    Hey I would like to tell you about TCP optimizer, this TCP optimizer is good but only if you use XP & bridge mode in which you enter your BSNL User ID and password. They are not meant for windows vista or windows 7 system and also those who use pppoe mode in which the user id and password is saved automatically in modem & then every time to turn on the modem you get connected itself.

Instead of checking the complete bandwidth you can better check only the amount of speed that your youtube is utilizing, for that you need to install a bandwidth monitoring software like Networx.

Generally if you see youtube video resolution are by default set depending on our speed. If you are aware you must know that even it gives us an option of watching videos in best quality but for that we need a better and faster connection than your existing 512kbps.

I am not sure but maybe you are using this option of watching the youtube videos in high quality. Try to log out of youtube and then make sure that you clear all the cookies in your currently installed and accessed browser.

Can I know at what bit rates you are trying to watch the videos. Actually the thing is that this 750UL most of the time get stuck on most of the bitrates. And also instead of just doing the speed test to the default server you better go to the server near where you tube is hosted.
    Also try to make the below changes:
    • Disable antivirus and firewall
    • download and install the latest version of Google Chrome and make it as your default browser
    • Make sure no other application is using net

Try out the following trick, it would most probably work:
    1. Turn off the modem
    2. Restart the system
    3. Close all the applications that use internet connection
    4. Turn on your modem now
    5. Just open the browser
    6. Go to Microsoft site and download IE with a third party download manager
    7. Close the browser and see the download speed from the Download Manager
    8. If the speed is near around 55kBps or 440kbps then everything is back to its normal position and your internet connection is fine.