Thread: Getting error message "PPPoE down" in PPoE mode with dareglobal db-108 model

Getting error message "PPPoE down" in PPoE mode with dareglobal db-108 model

Seems like I am in a big trouble. I have a dareglobal db-108 modem. I did all the appropriate and required settings in the router page but I always get an error message saying that "PPPoE down" whenever I am in PPoE mode. Also I tried to use "0/32" for pppoe always on but the results are the same.

But when I switch or try to work in bridge or dialer mode the internet works fine. Now is there any way to eliminate this error and to possibly work on always ON mode?

Re: Getting error message "PPPoE down" in PPoE mode with dareglobal db-108 model

As according to me I guess you can simply select any line but enter the VPI VCI 0 35 for BSNL. I guess your modem is almost similar to Beetel 220BX/UT300R2u. I believe that all 8 factory listed lines are set for "BRIDGED" mode and now you get connected easily.

• In the WAN page
    • Select EDIT against 0_35
    • In Next page enter vpi vci 0 35
    • Then Next
    • Then enter User ID and Password
    • Save and then reboot

Re: Getting error message "PPPoE down" in PPoE mode with dareglobal db-108 model

Seems like I am in a big trouble. I have a dareglobal db-108 modem. I did all the appropriate and required settings in the router page but I always get an error message saying that "PPPoE down" whenever I am in PPoE mode. Also I tried to use "0/32" for pppoe always on but the results are the same.
    This is not that big issue as much as you are making it. Let me tell you factory reset. I guess you have unknowingly messed up with the settings of the telnet interface which is now creating the problem. And factory resetting the device modem can easily solver the issue.

I am also facing similar kind of situation but with D-link DSL103i modem. With a miniport PPPoE I can work in bridge mode with a dialer pad configured in connection, its like all the time I am supposed to call and it in order to get connected.

And the funniest part is that my messengers in actually in auto log in mode and they are not allowing me to do the dial up connection until they try then fail and then give the message. Also I would like to tell you that even after having 0/35 value I was not able to configure it in PPPOE mode for BSNL. I personally feel that the issue is due to the firmware corruption. And also please let me know what how exact we do a factory reset on a modem.

I bought a new Dlink GLB-502T modem, and I somehow configure my modem for internet using both Ethernet and USB at the same time, keeping PPoE mode. Even after configuring it in PPoE mode my modem is unable to connect to internet automatically.

I can see two buttons after I configure in pppoe mode i.e. connect and disconnect. I am not sure what are the uses of these two buttons as I know that the modem gets connected automatically once it is switched on.

Also another doubt is that one of my friends have a 750 unlimited plan and generally he use to get a speed of 32kbps but then after messing with the settings he started getting the speed of about 60 kbps but now the speed went back to 32 kbps which is the actual speed he is suppose to get. He don’t know how but he somehow managed to bluff the 32kbps speed and somehow got 60 kbps, can anyone help how to get that 60kbps.

The simplest thing is that if you have configured correctly it will connect automatically and if there is any mistake with the configuration then there are chances of getting some error in your configuration. Everyone knows that if you are in PPPoE mode you need not have to use a dialer or a Connect or Disconnect buttons.

In fact you can simply delete the dialer and then still it is possible to connect to internet. For your kind information let me tell you that these connect and disconnect buttons are actually irrelevant in PPPoE mode.

Also another doubt is that one of my friends have a 750 unlimited plan and generally he use to get a speed of 32kbps but then after messing with the settings he started getting the speed of about 60 kbps but now the speed went back to 32 kbps which is the actual speed he is suppose to get. He don’t know how but he somehow managed to bluff the 32kbps speed and somehow got 60 kbps, can anyone help how to get that 60kbps.
    The speed of 750 unlimited plan was actually updated to 512 kbps (64 kbps) until during last year. The only suggestion I could let you know is to reset the modem to factory settings and then reconfigure it. You will probably get some 60 to 70 kbps on a good server. After doing so check the speed using the speedtest.net and let me know the speed change and also try to download from Microsoft and then report the speed.

And the funniest part is that my messengers in actually in auto log in mode and they are not allowing me to do the dial up connection until they try then fail and then give the message. Also I would like to tell you that even after having 0/35 value I was not able to configure it in PPPOE mode for BSNL. I personally feel that the issue is due to the firmware corruption. And also please let me know what how exact we do a factory reset on a modem.
    In order to reset your modem there are two possible ways from which you can reset your modem. But amongst them the easiest way I can suggest you to use the small notch at the best side of modem. This factory reset button is normally found at the back side of the modem. Using a paper clip or pin you need to push the reset button.

So if your modem came up with this very small notch at the back side of it then you just need to push that notch with some wire or with thin pin for atleast 10 seconds and then release it in order to reset it.