Thread: How to set up BSNL wimax with Belkin F5D7634 modem router?

How to set up BSNL wimax with Belkin F5D7634 modem router?

I already have a belkin F5D7634 modem router and recently I got a new BSNL wimax plan. Now I want to configure and setup this plan with my wireless belkin F5D7634 modem router. I however know that it has only a adsl input port and 4 Ethernet ports and the wimax has a Ethernet port and a data port.

But now the thing is that I have never used this wimax before and I seriously have no idea how exactly it works. In fact I don’t even know that whether I am supposed to connect the wimax to the router or not, please help.

Re: How to set up BSNL wimax with Belkin F5D7634 modem router?

I am not sure but I guess this belkin model can possibly not work with wimax. Can you let me know who exactly recommend you this modem router for wimax. As according to me I guess Belkin F5D7634 need an ADSL input until you are not sure whether you have the right router. You can get it from the wimax CPE. And then after you got the ADSL input you need to have a belkin router’s Ethernet port or a wifi in order to connect to your computer.

But now the thing is that I have never used this wimax before and I seriously have no idea how exactly it works. In fact I don’t even know that whether I am supposed to connect the wimax to the router or not, please help.
    You need to get a Rj45 cable, using that cable connect the wimax data cable to LAN1 of Belkin’s router. then get another Rj45 cable to get your computer connected. If everything is done correctly then test the wireless without using a cable, and later on test for online checking to see what exactly the leds indicate.

Hey I think I can help you out completely, I had the same doubts and queries and then fortunately I also got the issue resolved easily. What I did was connected the wimax Ethernet poe slot to the Ethernet on my existing router. And then I later on configured my router IP to 192.168.1.2 and also the DHCP range to 192.168.1.3.

By doing this I was successfully able to connect the router to the wimax. Then later on I configured the internet settings to use the DHCP IP i.e. 192.168.1.3 and default gateway to 192.168.1.1 same as the one that of the wimax.

Hey I think I can help you out completely, I had the same doubts and queries and then fortunately I also got the issue resolved easily. What I did was connected the wimax Ethernet poe slot to the Ethernet on my existing router. And then i later on configured my router IP to to 192.168.1.2 and also the DHCP range to 192.168.1.3.
    Using the poe slot for the connection carries the power DC Voltage from a Power adapter supplied. Just change to DATA slot the RJ45 going to Belkin wifi router; I guess the original setup only Data RJ45 goes to the computer Lan port.

Is it possible to access the Menu page to making any kind of required changes? And also just let me know whether I will have to login all the time whenever I will switch on the unit in order to get connected to internet.