Thread: TP Link td-w8901g modem connects with my phone but unable to access internet

TP Link td-w8901g modem connects with my phone but unable to access internet

I have a TP Link td-w8901g wireless modem with me. I am easily being able to connect the wifi with my computer system and also I can use internet smoothly.

I also have an android smartphone with me, I am easily being able to connect the modem to this phone but the issue is that I cannot access internet through that phone. I tried the connection all the way but still unable to find any issue. My laptop gets an easy access to the internet but then why my phone is unable to get the same access.

Re: TP Link td-w8901g modem connects with my phone but unable to access internet

Try out the following things:
    • For BSNL Change VPI/VCI 0 and 35
    • Deactivate other PVC's to avoid any further confusion.
    • Make sure that the Dynamic IP already selected
    • Check in Status Device info. You can test/set LAN mode also in your laptop

Re: TP Link td-w8901g modem connects with my phone but unable to access internet

I have a TP Link td-w8901g wireless modem with me. I am easily be able to connect the wifi with my computer system and also I can use internet smoothly.
    Just wanted to ask you whether you are able to surf and also download thought the internet access on your system? Also if possible just check out and let me know whether the taskbar wificon has ever shown you no connection, you can get to see a yellow mark if it do shows no connection. Also make sure that whether you have entered your id and password in all the PVC’s and is your PVC2 is set to 0 and 35?

Better you check the device info. I doubt that your PVC2 must have been automatically deactivated. So make sure that you activate thePVC2 and set vpi and vci as 0 and 35 respectively. PVC0 is working for BSNL, In which PVC VPI/VCI is entered is immaterial, so long duplicate entries are not made.

Also, if possible check in the Firmware update menu SAVE/Backup working current settings as ROM file.

Hey even I had the same issues but with the other model i.e. TP LINK modem router TD-W8901G, and let me tell you following your solution I somehow managed to sort the issue but I was also suppose to change the channel to 11 by getting into the wireless configuration page.

Anyways I would also like to place my other alternative issues. Actually the thing is that I have a BSNL wimax plan at my place, I can somehow use LAN with this modem but I failed to use wifi on my laptop or any of my devices. Is there anyone who can help with the configuration for it and if possible please forward me the doc commands in order to check the properties of the wifi on my laptop?

Follow the following steps:

• For all PVC's select DYNAMIC IP and activate them
    • In same Post No 1 other settings same as in the pictures.
    • Wireless page set up as usual
    • Check in the Router Reboot from current settings
    • Now connect the Rj45 from wimax to LAN1
    • Connect another RJ45 to desktop
    • Check whether internet works, if required log in
    • Then check the system’s SSID appears and you are connect to internet