Thread: How to configure Beetel 450bxi wireless router with Tata Wimax connection

How to configure Beetel 450bxi wireless router with Tata Wimax connection

Hello friends, I have got the Tata Wimax connection and wanted to configure the Beetel 450bxi wireless router with it. Wanted to use the connection for my laptop and also desktop. Is there any method to configure the wireless router with my system? Please help me, thank you.

Re: How to configure Beetel 450bxi wireless router with Tata Wimax connection

I am using the Intel WiMAX Adapters, so I have got the configuration of the router from there. I think that both of the router will be the same and wish that you will be able to work for you, so check on the below link and work it.

Configure WiMAX settings in the advanced window

Well you need to have a WiMax adaptor which is been supplied by your ISP. I believe that it might be similar to the USB modem, Data card is supplied for accessing normal BB service without a phone connection. It will be automatically updated also like the set top box for DTH TV.

I would suggest that you use the output cat 5 cables from wimax equipment to your wireless router and need to configure the wimax router as static IP and enable the wimax router DHCP. If it is having the USB or PCMCA card then you need to use the windows connection sharing and from another network card get cat 5 cables to plug into your Wi-Fi router. Try this method it will work for sure and also it work.

I have tried to setup the connection with the Dlink router and it has worked for me and configuration in that is very much simple and also straight forward. I will prefer a Cisco Router, but prefer a LinkSys WRH54G model. I would suggest that you follow the instructions from the router manual to change the Router Settings. Connect the cable from the PoE box "Data IN" port to your router "Internet" port, it is the blue port. Now connect the LAN cable from the Ethernet Port which is behind the Router to the PCs network Card. When the Wireless link is UP then you can remove all this cable and change the computer IP to default subnet mask. If you are using the Linksys router then you open Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1, it is the default IP address of it.

When you are done with above user settings then you click on the WAN icon and enter username and Password, which is been given in the manual of the router. Now you select setup from the top Left corner, enter the values which are been given by the service provider for the "Basic Setup". Wanted to do the internet setup, then select Static IP from the drop down list for Internet Connection Type and enter Static IP which is been provided by TATA in the IP address, enter the Subnet Mask and Gateway. Input the first DNS IP address provided by TATA in Static DNS 1 and input the Second DNS IP address in Static DNS 2. Set your local IP Address and Subnet Mask in the network setup. Set the DHCP Server enable. Do not change MAC Binding, set the maximum number of DHCP users till 50.

For the wireless, basic setting is that, set the network Mode as mixed, change the Network Name (SSID) as MyNetwork, set the wireless channel to 6 - 2.437GHz. Make the Wireless RF Control Standard, enable RF Control and Disable the RF Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Uchiha View Post
    I would suggest that you use the output cat 5 cables from wimax equipment to your wireless router and need to configure the wimax router as static IP and enable the wimax router DHCP. If it is having the USB or PCMCA card then you need to use the windows connection sharing and from another network card get cat 5 cables to plug into your Wi-Fi router. Try this method it will work for sure and also it work.
    Let me tell you that the Wimax connection has Cat5 cable and the wireless router is having the input RJ11 which is the Telephone line. Just want to know how to convert Cat4 to RJ11 input on wireless router.