Thread: How to block the idea Sim card that got lost

How to block the idea Sim card that got lost

As I am 45 years of age while traveling in the auto rickshaw I forgot the phone in it and due to which I lost the phone and numbers. But I would like to know that how can I block the numbers so that nobody uses the number. Does anyone know regarding what procedure is to be followed to block the numbers and for this where should I approach for.

Re: How to block the idea Sim card that got lost

First thing you need to do is that, go to any nearby idea gallery with the documents or proofs you submitted while activating the number. As they would ask you for the documents you submitted and if you don’t have the proof its ok but you need to know each and every details you gave to them.

So providing the details to them they will block the sim card within the two hours after the sending request and this can be done by going to the idea gallery.

One thing I forgot to tell you is that, since I am from jaipur and came to pune for some work but lost my phone in the auto rickshaw with the card in it. so for this I want to ask you that will they block the card as the idea card which I’m using does not belongs to this state and so will they block it.

See what I have told you is that if you do not carry the documents with you but you know in whose name the card is and if you have whole details regarding it then you can block the card by providing the details.

I have one problem the thing is that I had already blocked the card which was stolen two weeks back. Now when I went to get the duplicate sim card they told me that by providing the documents again my card will be activated again. But when I provided the documents they are refusing to activate it and for this I am ready to pay the charges for duplicate card as said by them. But then too they are not activating it. so can anyone suggest me what should I do for this.

I have one problem the thing is that I had already blocked the card which was stolen two weeks back. Now when I went to get the duplicate sim card they told me that by providing the documents again my card will be activated again. But when I provided the documents they are refusing to activate it and for this I am ready to pay the charges for duplicate card as said by them. But then too they are not activating it. so can anyone suggest me what should I do for this.
    If they are not accepting the documents then for this you can complain the same to their nodal office and if you don’t know the number you can get it from the gallery itself. Complain about the same to them and still there is not response from them then you can complain about this issue in the consumer court.

I would like you to ask that while providing the documents did you showed the FIR copy to them. If you do not provide the FIR copy with the documents for the lost Sim card then definitely they are not going to activate your Sim card. So it is better you provide the FIR copy with the documents you submit.

As even I didn’t knew about the procedure but after one of friend advised me to follow this, they activated the card. So it is better you carry the FIR copy with the documents you submit and your card will be activated with no more delay.

Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    As I am 45 years of age while traveling in the auto rickshaw I forgot the phone in it and due to which I lost the phone and numbers. But I would like to know that how can I block the numbers so that nobody uses the number. Does anyone know regarding what procedure is to be followed to block the numbers and for this where should I approach for.

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC153339 in the subject.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular