Thread: BSNL stopped giving modems for the unlimited plans

BSNL stopped giving modems for the unlimited plans

I am living in Punjab and I have applied for the unlimited connection but the problem is that they are not giving me any modems for that connection. While it is clearly written that they are providing free modems for the unlimited connection. So I just want to know as if which modem will be suitable for the bsnl connection? Do you all have any idea about the same. if you can reply to me about the same then start replying guys. Waiting for the replies from you all.

re: BSNL stopped giving modems for the unlimited plans

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I am living in Punjab and I have applied for the unlimited connection but the problem is that they are not giving me any modems for that connection. While it is clearly written that they are providing free modems for the unlimited connection. So I just want to know as if which modem will be suitable for the bsnl connection? Do you all have any idea about the same. if you can reply to me about the same then start replying guys. Waiting for the replies from you all.
    You can go with any of the D-Link models I think they are very efficient models. So you can check Dlink DSL 2520U and the other is Dlink DSL 2730U. both of them would be perfect for you. So do finalize with which you want to go ahead and anything else that you want to ask then please do feel free to ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprakash View Post
    You can go with any of the D-Link models I think they are very efficient models. So you can check Dlink DSL 2520U and the other is Dlink DSL 2730U. both of them would be perfect for you. So do finalize with which you want to go ahead and anything else that you want to ask then please do feel free to ask here.
    Ok thanks for the suggestion you gave over here. actually I am a bit confused between Teracomm and dlink. Just let me know which of these two are better in performance and pricewise. Also one more thing that I want to know is does the bsnl provides wifi connection at my area?

Yes why not wireless connection is being provided by bsnl people and if you get a wifi router from BSNL on RENTAL Rs 80/month. You will have to keep a security deposit of Rs.1000 and if you are done with that you can return back the router and you will also get your security deposit back. Comparing the Teracomm and dlink I must say that dlink is a bit reliable. Frankly I haven’t heard great things about teracomm. That’s why I would ask you to go with d link.

Ok thanks for the suggestion you gave over here. actually I am a bit confused between Teracomm and dlink. Just let me know which of these two are better in performance and pricewise. Also one more thing that I want to know, does the bsnl provides wifi connection at my area?
    A 3-in one modem+4lanport/+wifi mode cost approx Rs 2300. So if you are looking for a wireless connection and also a home broadband from bsnl then you can go with the dlink 3 in one modem. You will get all the necessary things in that. So I hope you have got the necessary information.

The news that you have given here about the bsnl stopped selling modems is absolutely correct. I did have a talk with the bsnl people about the same issue and they indeed agreed to it. They said that bsnl people is actually facing huge losses because of the renting of the modem and router. Hence they have decided to stop such kind of production plan and are no longer giving modems for the rent. Anyways you can buy the modems from outside that’s not a issue at all.