Thread: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

Guys can you all image in this I am getting a 5mbps speed while I should be getting a 512 kbps speed. Now let me tell you how all these things happened. Well I had applied for the broadband plan 1350/month and as said by them I will be getting a speed of 4mbps till 20GB download and then after that my speed will be reduced to 512 kbps. Now I downloaded all the stuffs till 20 gb and after that I thought the speed will dip but that did not happen at all. In fact I got a good speed of 5 mbps. Now I was really surprised to find that. I am just not understanding how did that happen. Are the bsnl people going to charge me somehting for this please reply on what do you all think.

Re: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

I would advise you to check the usage online by going into your account. Also check if you are in the same plan or not. See if they have shifted you into some different plan. In case if the usage details is ok and also the plan is ok then you don’t need to worry about anything. You are perfectly ok, that’s what I want to say here. it’s the mistake from their side and they will rectify it soon.

Re: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

You cannot trust on bsnl people for this, they might charge you for using extra amount of data but since you have been subscribed to the unlimited plan I don’t think so that will happen. As of now consider that its their mistake and in case if they add some extra cost in your bill you have evry right to protest against this.

Happy Re: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

I don’t understand what’s the point to worry. You have been subscribed to the unlimited plan then you can download as much as you want. Why are they going to charge you? If I would have been in your place then I would have quietly downloaded each and every other stuff and not even made a thread made about this. Since you are subscribed to the unlimited plan you need to worry about anything in terms of cost. So go ahead and download as much as you want.

Happy Re: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

Guys I have checked in my account the plan is the same and also checking the downloaded volume it shows 23,761 MB already consumed. So I think their count is normal the thing is that they have forgotten to implement the FUP in this. As far as it is giving me unlimited free download I don’t have any issues at all.

ThumbsUp Re: Getting 5mbps speed with the BSNL’s 512kbps plan

BSNL & MTNL are lazy ppl (good for us )

they often forget to switch the speed after quota has expired, either this is manual process & they forget or the automated system they use is real crappy, my friend used to get 2 mbps throughout entire month although he has similar plan like u (2 mbps for 8-10 gb & tehn 256 kbps unlimited). It finally got corrected after 6 months.

all i can say is ur lucky so enjoy the speed to max while u can... it can be corrected anytime