Thread: Can I get Idea 3G in tariff plan of 2G service?

Can I get Idea 3G in tariff plan of 2G service?

I am having SIM card which support 2G and I want it to use it for internet. I have heard that with the help of 3G I can get a very high speed. My question is, if it is possible to get the speed of 3G with the help of 2G card. How I can I get a 3G connection and what will be the cost, if I download big size of file?

Re: Can I get Idea 3G in tariff plan of 2G service?

First of all, you need to be very clear on the concept of 2G and 3G. for both, you should have one device, mobile phone, but different kind of. If you want to use 3G then your phone should support 3G as well as your SIM card should have 3G facility. 3G cost you more than 2G but speed is all time better. And you cannot get 3G speed in a 2G supported phone.

If your phone is having dual camera which mean one is front and other is backward then that mean your phone is supporting 3G. now you have to check whether your SIM card is having the facility of 3G then you need to just change your phone setting to 3G or dual mode and if setting of SIM card is available in your phone, then you can use it either in the phone or in the system. But the charges are much more high than cost of 2G plan. But the speed of 3G is much time higher than your 2G plan.

The technology behind 2G and 3G is very much different. All the mobile that are available today with the facility of GPRS is having 2G facility. All 3G phone is 2G phone But all 2G phone is not a 3G phone. You can use 3G phone as a 2G phone but you cannot use 2G phone as a 3G phone. The speed of 3G is much more high than 2G so as data charges.

angry Re: Can I get Idea 3G in tariff plan of 2G service?

This is SS of Speed of 2G Airtel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reply to your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Gridharan View Post
    I am having SIM card which support 2G and I want it to use it for internet. I have heard that with the help of 3G I can get a very high speed. My question is, if it is possible to get the speed of 3G with the help of 2G card. How I can I get a 3G connection and what will be the cost, if I download big size of file?

Dear Sir,

We request you to kindly contact to our Idea customer care helpline 12345 for further course of action.

Regards,
    Ideacellular