Thread: MTNL Broadband connection running very slow.

MTNL Broadband connection running very slow.

I am MTNL broadband user and I am using 849NU plan of MTNL Triband service from the last few months. And I was very happy with this connection because of it was giving me very good speed and lovely connection and also it gives me very good tariff. But bi am now getting some connection problem form the last few days and the problem is totally related with the very intermittent net connection. I am not getting here that why I get this type of the problem suddenly but yet, I have not resolve this problem and hope that here someone will help me to get resolve this problem. Now the speed is very slow and also some times the web pages never opens. Please reply me back for getting resolve this problem.

Re: MTNL Broadband connection running very slow.

Ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for that I will suggest you to try to set the settings as:

Switch to open DNS and then:

After this go to internet connection> TCP/IP properties> enter DNS values manually. And then in the MTNL DNS IPS put there one of the DNS which I have given to you and then see if this helps you to get resolve the problem. Reply me back about the results.

Hey, same here also. In my case, I can say that when I am using the internet and some time WebPages take ages to open and also sometime thy never opens. Also while at other times it opens instantly, also downloading has the same pattern. For getting resolve this I have also contacted with the MTNL service provider and then don’t help me in this case. Please help me also to get resolve the problem. Can here suggest me also some suggestion about this?? And also reply me back over here if here someone else having the same problem and also if he is able to get the suggestion about this.

Thanks a lot friend, I tried with your setting and today I can see that my connection is running very fine. And if I face this type of the problem again then I will try with your suggestion again and if still I get the same problem then I will reply here back to you.

I am here to inform you that I am having ADSL modem provided by MTNL and with this LAN cable is connected to my Wireless Router. With this connection I am using my laptop and my desktop at the same times. And with this I was also having the connection problem with this and for getting resolve this I tried with the suggestion which is given over here for setting up the DNS and found that now it start working very fine. Thanks friends for suggesting the DNS number.

Here I would like to say to you that I have tried with the suggestion of using Open DNS and I found that it didn’t work. And still I an getting the same problem of running very slow. And suddenly I found that it worked very smooth, but then onwards, its been all intermittent, tried everything, tried opendns. And for getting resolve this type of the problem I have also tried with the disconnecting the router and directly used the modem but still this not helped me to resolve the problem. I will be very happy to know over here if this problem if faced by the other users also. I am thinking here that my modem is faulty. What should I try with this now?? Will I try to replace the modem??

Yes, for me also changing the DNS helps me for resolving the problem. And now I am surely say over here that MTNL default DNS is most of the times down or slow. But here I am having some question about this and that is as what is open DNS???? And also how it helps in allotting IP from dhcp server. Please reply me here back if anyone having the proper suggestion on this.

For getting resolve your problem, I will suggest you that

• In your modem check snr/attn/line speed Mod selected page.
    • And then Note down data. SNR >>>> say more than 10 db Attn less than say 30/40 db.
    • after this Select GDMT with Bitswap enabled.

what you get over there?? Reply me back if you get some difference over there.

Ok, for that I need to check for all that things and if I found the suggestion on this then I will reply here back. I am having MT-882 modem I am not sure that which brand this have but I think that it is huawei smart-ax modem. If you also get the suggestion about this then please reply me also back over here.

Hey all, still having the same problem and for I can see that ere no one having the suggestion about this. I have tried with changing all the settings which you have suggested to me here but that also not helped me to resolve the problem. Now I am thinking to take the other broadband services instead of the MTNL Broadband. Hope that with that I will not get this problem.