Thread: Airtel broadband internet connection frequently disconnecting with Linksys Modem router wag 120n

Airtel broadband internet connection frequently disconnecting with Linksys Modem router wag 120n

I bought a Linksys WAG 120N router modem and Airtel technician install it with the CD.The connection is constantly breaking. Airtel coach visited again and did a ping test that showed the connection is constantly breaking. Later he went to check through Airtel wag120n change and warned that. The rate reached only as a value of 2844. In fact, this should be more than 25,000 as a value. The possible rate was 23,108. Install modem and test Beetle achievable rate was 22,672.Airtel coach mentioned that the WAG 120N is the courage achievable and will have constant Internet disconnection trouble. This is resolved just by having a router probable value of about 25000.

Re: Airtel broadband internet connection frequently disconnecting with Linksys Modem router wag 120n

I also bought the same unit and is giving the similar trouble. I even once did Cisco RMA however, the trouble is still there. I've seen other people who also fight back with this modem. Cisco is not doing anything about it. For you, better to pay money for another modem instead. I am also thinking of doing the same.

Re: Airtel broadband internet connection frequently disconnecting with Linksys Modem router wag 120n

Quote Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
    I also bought the same unit and is giving the similar trouble. I even once did Cisco RMA however, the trouble is still there. I've seen other people who also fight back with this modem. Cisco is not doing anything about it. For you, better to pay money for another modem instead. I am also thinking of doing the same.
    I complained and received many customer calls .I did take screenshots in various settings after logging into 198.162.1.1 .Finally, a guy from Airtel informed that modem is absolutely fine.

There are no solutions offered / no change in the warranty / return no. Now it's a wasted investment. I want to send the modem to Linksys, Cisco, and use it as a paper weight.

Check the following things:

Code:
    Select ADSL 2
    Checking WAG120N emulator
    Virtual circuit VPI / VCI
    Attempt to ADSL2 + or ADSL2 + M
    Verify the sync speed connection status once more.

My DSL modulation is multimode and I 4Mbps. But yes, this modem is a total waste of money. I learned this, unfortunately, shortly after I bought it. My modem and I had no time to do any research. So, I bought the first DSL router I found that was a big mistake.

According to Airtel its G.dmt multimode people, I also tested with similar disconnections. Try ADSL2 + as well and observe what happens.

I tried to ADSL2 + and the pace was slower than dial-up connection. If figures are to be supposed the line then became 110 dB attenuation with ADSL2 + mode.

I tried all the available modulation modes WAG120N with Airtel in the last days and even tried for a while for disconnection troubles. They all look about the identical - a similar rate and similar disconnections. Online statistics reported below –

Code:
    --- T1.413 ---
    DSL Mode: T1.413
    DSL Upstream Rate: 1024 kbps
    DSL Downstream Rate: 2560 kbps

Down up 
    DSL Noise Margin: 110 dB 355 dB
    DSL Attenuation: 30 dB 89 dB
    DSL Transmit Power: -901 dBm -901 dBm

---
    --- G.lite ---
    Did Not Work

--- ADSL2 ---
    DSL Mode: ADSL2
    DSL Upstream Rate: 1023 kbps

Down up 
    DSL Noise Margin: 141 dB 385 dB
    DSL Attenuation: 141 dB 39 dB
    DSL Transmit Power: -382 dBm -466 dBm

---
    --- ADSL2+ ---
    DSL Mode: ADSL2+
    DSL Upstream Rate: 1021 kbps

Down up 
    DSL Noise Margin: 104 dB 428 dB
    DSL Attenuation: 104 dB 1 dB
    DSL Transmit Power: -379 dBm -477 dBm

Used to disconnect haphazardly for a few days after I got this router, nevertheless since then has been steady. Is there any noise on the line? Have you tried to raise a complaint with Airtel?

Attempt connecting a phone line and listen - if you have not already done so. It could be faulty wiring somewhere. And just in case, start looking for a good DSL Router. I think we've learned not to go to Linksys again.

I am facing same trouble.

Code:
    Multimode
    DSL Mode: ADSL2+
    DSL Upstream Rate: 753 kbps
    DSL Downstream Rate: 5120 kbps

Down up 
    DSL Noise Margin : 60 dB 26 dB
    DSL Attenuation: 60 dB 125 dB
    DSL Transmit Power: -380 dBm -447 dBm

should only be bought very cheap modem to bridge mode connected to a decent n DD-WRT router .I have an ADSL modem purchased for around $ 820 to comply with the duty of almost 2 years now connected to a TP-Link WR941 ND flashed with DD-WRT

I could not hear any noise at the ground line that Airtel even called a few times and they came and check the lines. As soon as Airtel Beetel modem connecting me constant connections and no drops. I have no electrical connection to standby, that's why I required a modem + router.