Thread: How to use NETGEAR DGN1000 with MTNL

How to use NETGEAR DGN1000 with MTNL

Recently I have bought the new NETGEAR DGN1000 modem router to replace the router which MTNL have given tom me. And now after doing this, I am getting problem. And with this modem router, I am having the problem to not connect with the internet from the last day. And also I can see that the internet light is a steady red while others are green. And before this, the previous modem works fine. And also let me tell you all over here that I start getting this problem after this upgrade only. Form the time when I am upgraded the system form that time only I get that this router is not working. Any help in this case?? Please reply me if you are having any suggestion for my problem and also reply me back if her you are also facing the same problem.

Re: How to use NETGEAR DGN1000 with MTNL

If you are getting this type of the problem then for that, I will suggest you to check the setting properly. And also try to Change MTU to 1492 and then try. Hope that this will help in your case. Reply back about the results.

Hey I think that you are getting this problem only because of you are trying to enter the username and password. For that I will suggest you to:

select the Option NO
    Do you need userid Pw??
    since you are entering ID/PW externally.

and also in option, you can try with it as:

Instead of Obtain from ISP
    enter 192.168.1.2

Hey, I am not getting any thing that you are trying to suggest me over here. For that can you please post a screen shot where i have to enter this?? And before this, I was using beetel 450bx1.

Ok, for your setting router status will be like this:

and for the Beetel 450bx1 I will say you that check that you have entered the USERID/PW externally to connect

Yes, I checked for that and here came to know that this also has a built in modem. And here I can see that I am not getting the exact part. And after this also I am not able to resolve the problem. And for that, I have contacted with the MTNL and they have send me the person to resolve my problem. And I don’t know that what he did but not I get that router is working very fine.

Ok dude, and now I hope that you got Wi-Fi mode also working. And for that I will say you take the screen shot of working router and send to this forum. Because with this, we can also help the other users of this. And here I can say you that You should connect ONLY the NETGEAR which has an ADSL modem built-in. and also if possible then please enter the IP address details over here.

HI all, recently I get the new NETGEAR DGN1000 wireless modem and I am trying to replace the old one with this. But I am having some question related with the connection ad for that I have also searched in the some many of the forums but from no where I get the suggestion for that connection. For the same rason, I have also tried with contacting with the MTNL but they also not helped me for this connection. Can you all pleas reply me about the proper connection setting???