Thread: Airtel Broadband Now offers airtel movies powered by Bigflix

Airtel Broadband Now offers airtel movies powered by Bigflix

I recently got airtel broadband and I just came to know that airtel is providing airtel movies service in airtel broadband and it is powered by Bigflix. Anybody any info regarding that please post here.

Re: Airtel Broadband Now offers airtel movies powered by Bigflix

Airtel first makes an agreement with YouTube to make use of the Fair usage policy and now this. The service would be powered by Bigflix. With this, customers can enjoy more than 600 films over 105 television, 120 and 150 trailers, music videos at INR 229/month just on your computer / laptop / tablet at home. The service also provides access to WiFi and movies can be enjoyed anywhere in the house. What's more, the enjoyment is completely free of advertisements and adds nothing to the charges of consumption of bandwidth.

This is discrimination and violation of bandwidth neutrality Internet network. Even Netflix U.S. is doing this. Netflix U.S. needs of current bandwidth and only if it has."Netflix recommended that people aware of their movies through a broadband connection with a speed of at least 1.5 megabits per second (1.5 Mbps), and that people use an Internet connection of at least 3 megabits per second for a video look enhanced on a par with a DVD. "Nevertheless airtel as with their TV and broadband in India coincides with the Premier League is in violation of this as speed is increased only in his service.

If they are streamed from servers located, I suppose you could get around the net neutrality which is not even a law in our beautiful country. If Airtel is actually transmitting Bigflix regular servers is a bad idea.

The consumption of bandwidth for watching "Movies Airtel" will not be added to customers' Broadband Plan usage data, except for users in the Punjab.

Not that I cannot get around net neutrality, as they give priority to their traffic over others in violation of the playing field.

I still do not have any evidence of net neutrality with a legal support in India. I'm all for it, but I see we have no right hereunder.

I observe you necessitate targeting the government / trai .primarily attempt to establish some laws of net neutrality ahead of claiming that ISPs are in violation of any legal obligation. Of course, would love to have net neutrality as a human right, but apparently is not one yet.

The service is powered by Bigflix so that you can now verify them out at the Bigflix website. The dissimilarity here is that the bandwidth frenzied will not be counted on your bill.

NUMBER net neutrality:

1. Net neutrality is the principle that Internet users be supposed to be access the content they observe and all applications that make use of the Internet without being discriminated against by the Internet service provider / access provider.
    2. The situation can also be considered in India as Internet access providers can use their market power to discriminate against competition applications and / or content.
    3. The issue of net neutrality could threaten long-term the popularity of Internet telephony and similar Internet-based other applications such as Internet service providers all intermediates can start making trade agreements in the absence of that may refuse to carry content and provide the desired quality service.

All you see is just recommendations and suggestions. Nothing can be established as a legal basis.

Now you are on the right track. They really cannot complain of Airtel offers preferential until the time the Indian government sets the laws of network neutrality. And is unlikely to happen with the kind of energy to our ISPs have.

i dont know whether airtel is doing this intentionally.

I don’t think that airtel will be providing 2mbps speed to everyone to look at Indian premier league.