Thread: Error 678 with Tata PhotonPlus

Error 678 with Tata PhotonPlus

I recently purchased a new Tata Photon+ card, after that when i was trying to surf internet was getting an error message "Error 678". The first two days the internet worked fine but after the next two days the speed gone very bad and after that i was getting this error continuously. The data card which i got recently disconnected. Please provide me the solution for this error as i want to use internet which is very important for me. Please help me..

Re: Error 678 with Tata PhotonPlus

I think you need to contact the customercare of the tata photon+ service and then ask them to provide the solution for your problem. I think if you face this kind of problem then you need to check it out with the tata people and then go on the web and post your problem to get the solution. Also you can visit the tata service center and ask them you solve the problem. This problem is faced by most of the people and i have seen that the people are able to solve it.

I think you need to check out the settings in the Control Panel of your computer. Just go to the settings and then to the control panel in that go to the Phone and Modem and take look at your modems properties. Under the properties you will find a tab which is called advanced with the extra settings. You need to make sure that AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet" is typed in the space. If these settings are removed from your computer due to some reason than you will get an error 678.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

You need to check out the internet setting in your computer ans also you can check the conection is correct from server side. If there is a problem with the network then you can contact the customercare people and ask them to reconnect it to have full acess to the internet. Or else it may also be the problem of negative balance which would have been occurred by the usage of the service. If the balance of your photon+ is in minus then you will not be able to use the service.

The Error 678 which you are facing is due to the server. It occurs when you try to connect to the server that is not responding. This is the problem from the server side this can be due to several reasons. Most of the problems are not solved by ourself as they are from their server side. So in this case you need to call the tata people and ask them to send any tecnician to solve this error. I was also having same kind of problem and fixed it with the help of technician.

You can also check all the setting in your computer and also from the server side. After that if there is any problem in the settings or any of the settings is not properly set to the desired place then you need to set it correctly and after that check the connection from the server side and ask them if the service is hault for some, then restart it and use the internet as you were using it previously.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Dear Customer

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

As per your query on forums.techarena.in, we request you to kindly provide us your connection details which will assist us in doing the needful.We will be glad to assist you.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Regards
    Customer care
    Tata Indicom.

angry Re: Error 678 with Tata PhotonPlus

Hi

I recently purchased the photon+ even I am facing the above mentioned problem I have called the custmer service numerous times every time I call they register a complaint m its closed without. any resolution. I am receiving poor services I have lost the trust in the company. hope Tata guys are reading.

I know that they are giving very poor service. you can even go to the nearest service center of it and tell them your whole query. i am sure they will try to solve your query. in between that if i found any appropriate solution for this then i will post back here. good luck..