Thread: BSNL Broadband Unlimited 499 or BSNL Combo Unlimited 625

BSNL Broadband Unlimited 499 or BSNL Combo Unlimited 625

Hi, I am planning to have a interne connection for my residence from BSNL, and when I seen other carriers plans I came to know that almost they all are providing the same thing, but the thing that made them dissimilar is the connection speed and bit cost. Thus when I was searching about the same I came to know about the BSNL plans as I have mentioned in the title.

But I don’t know which one would be best for me, any recommendation is surely appreciated.

Re: BSNL Broadband Unlimited 499 or BSNL Combo Unlimited 625

As far as I know both the plans that you have mentioned is providing the same bandwidth, but the thing that made them different is downloading and payment feature. I would like to suggest you that you should first of all make sure about your budget, I mean to say if you are about to have BSNL Combo Unlimited plan then you’ll get the same speed but you have to pay 200 extra for the same.

Another main feature that I liked about the BSNL Combo plans was like the telephone fixed monthly charges would be NIL as you don’t have to any more for that rather at other hand if you are having BSNL Broadband Unlimited 499 plan then you have to pay for the fixed telephone bill As per existing Landline Plan.

I am agree with the above user as you should first make some configuration in your mind as what kind of services you are expecting from BSNL.

As already mentioned by the above user that you’ll get the same internet speed but combo plan actually includes benefits in other services such as fixed monthly charges for Telephone, after that you’ll get Free calls, MCU Charges / pulse.

See though you have mentioned only two plans over here, but still they have actually launched five different plans, and for further information you should check out the below mentioned link.

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB...only_unlim.htm

Well dude according to me you should get unlimited combo 625 plan. I am also having the same thing, because you’ll get some extra services as well with internet plan. But aware as you’ll get the same speed.

If you are about to have only internet connection then my recommendation is to have 499 unlimited plan for yourself rather than another one. I would like to tell some description about both the services, so that you can figure out the difference and make yourself clear.

Home UL 499-

Bandwidth - 256 Kbps

Fixed Monthly Charges – 499

Annual Payment Option – 4990

Download / Upload Limit (MB/GB) per month – Unlimited

Night Unlimited - Not Applicable

Free E-mail IDs /Space (Per E-mail ID) - 1/5 MB

Telephone fixed monthly charges - As per existing Landline Plan

Free calls - As per existing Landline Plan

Home Combo UL 625 –

Bandwidth - 256 Kbps

Fixed Monthly Charges – 625

Annual Payment Option – 6250

Telephone fixed monthly charges - NIL

Free calls – 100

Thanks for the description about the plans and I think combo would be better for me, anyways is there any extra charges for installation or it would be free?

Off course you have to pay then for the installation, as I don’t think there is any modem included in this plans, but still I am not sure about that, and if that would be included then you have to pay for sure.

And apart from this charges there are some other extra taxes as well that you have pay. And the most important thing that you should aware of is the security deposit.

I think the better option would be to visit their own website for the same because from there only you’ll get the proper rather correct information. Because as other users are also not sure about the extra charges but still I have referred their website and they have clearly mentioned about all the charges, including fixed monthly charges.

As per their website, “The modem will be given for FREE of cost if the consumer entrusts for the time as specified and pays the essential charges in advance. In that case, consumer will then have the modem and that they won’t require returning the modem after the finishing of the dedicated period.

As it seems that you are willing to have any good internet plan thus my recommendation is to have Home Combo UL 750 plan, because in this plan you just have to pay 125 rupees more than the one you are about to have. And the major benefit you’ll get in the internet speed as you’ll get 512 Kbps.

thank you so much about your kind suggestions guys, after seeing this I had made a call to the BSNL office and I am quite eager to have this connection as it is been installing today at my residence.

There is a new plan of DSL Home Unlimited Broadband for Rs. 499, which is recently available in the state of Karnataka telecom circle and it will be introduced in other telecom circles across India within few days and this plan would be great in terms of download speed and upload speed as compared to the previous BSNL Broadband plan.

The only difference between these two plans is you get 100 free call on 625. So does it is worth to go for 625 where you can save some money in 499. Anyhow they are going to add a service tax on it that will make your monthly bill to 550 or lower. So it is recommended to read and check the specs of the plans and then go for the same. If you need better speed then choosing 750 combo can be good for home use.

Hi all,

BSNL plans are good, So now i want to use BSNL service providers but i have MTNL ilemon Datacard.

Please help me how to change the provider MTNL to BSNL?

Quote Originally Posted by alenmartin View Post
    Hi all,

BSNL plans are good, So now i want to use BSNL service providers but i have MTNL ilemon Datacard.

Please help me how to change the provider MTNL to BSNL?
    Well, if you want to use BSNL broadband with MTNL ilemon Datacard then you will need to unlock the MTNL ilemon Data card so that it can be used with any other broadband service providers. And this unlocking can be done at any mobile repair shop or some tech center at a minimum cost charged by them.