Thread: Airtel, peering with youtube videos and I cannot watch embed videos

Airtel, peering with youtube videos and I cannot watch embed videos

Here I have an issue with Airtel broadband. When I load any YouTube video, then I can see in status bar that it is caching from Airtel servers. I think they are doing so as to preserve bandwidth, because video streaming has overtaking peer to peer.
    And I think because of this there is some coding problems and therefore I cannot watch embed videos as they say error after loading at once. Though I can watch those video I double click it. Is everyone there is experiencing this with Airtel. If so, then what you want to say about this?

Re: Airtel, peering with youtube videos and I cannot watch embed videos

Yes, I am also experiencing the same from few days. And apart from this I am also feeling that YouTube streaming is not being included in fair usage policy limits. I can say this because, I have downloaded 15Gb and after using peer to peer I got message that I have used 80% of my maximum limit and that is only 10Gb.

I think that there are some issues with their peering. Therefore, basically I think we can use Airtel’s DNS to increase their peering. But, of course it will cause several other issues.

I am also having Airtel broadband connection but I am not experiencing any issue with YouTube videos. They load finely for me. Probably it is because I am not using Airtel DNS. Or whatever it may be, but my YouTube videos loads fine.

Once, I was also having issues with my YouTube videos, so I think there is absolutely something up with Airtel. When I was attempting to play my YouTube videos then they were taking around 12-14 seconds to start playing, though once those videos started playing, they don’t need to buffer again and play constantly. Then I remembered that last time when an Airtel technician visited me, he changed my DNS setting to Airtel’s DNS. Therefore, I just changed them to Google’s DNS, and after that I didn’t got any issue with YouTube videos. They start immediately without any delay or buffering.

I think there is some problem with YouTube these days, because, sometimes videos get stuck even if they are of low resolution. One more thing that I noticed these days is, when I download videos using IDM, then it shows links something like “http://o-o.preferred.bhartibb-del1.v...videoplayback? <snip>” but usually IDM shows links like “http://v7.cache7.c.youtube.com/videoplayback? <snip>”. So, If anyone can figure out what can be the problem or fix then please reply. By the way, I am using Google DNS.

I have Airtel broadband connection and I am also using Google DNS but I never got any issues with YouTube videos. And also, I want to ask how you can get even Airtel peering if you are using Google public DNS.

I don’t have much knowledge about those things. But, I want to say that, in the link that I posted above, you can notice that there is bhartibb thing and that is random. So, I want to ask about that, what it is there in the link. I never saw bhartibb before in those links.

I think I might not help you, but if you want then you can give a try by turning on HTML5 you can get more information about that by searching ‘HTML5 YouTube’ on Google.