Thread: Cannot configure setup with Beetel ADSL2 and wireless router

Cannot configure setup with Beetel ADSL2 and wireless router

Recently I have bought a new modem (Beetel ADSL2 + wireless router). The modem got successfully setup. My broadband connection is dataone. Actually the thing is that I am unable to setup wireless. I don’t get the option of choosing authentication type. Default is wpa2 enterprise. I configured the SSID and activated the wireless set up. When I try to connect via Wi Fi using laptop, it asks for username and password. I don’t know how to change the authentication type and setup wifi. Anybody please guide?

Re: Cannot configure setup with Beetel ADSL2 and wireless router

I would suggest you to always on PPPoE mode. Make sure that you enable options like dhcp and upnp. Also I would suggest you to try disabling all security settings. After doing this just see what happens. All the best.

I think the issue that you are facing is due to firmware. I also have faced similar kind of issue in the past. I would suggest you to upgrade your modem firmware. I am sure that doing this will allow you to setup a wifi. Download the latest firmware form the internet and install it in the pc. If you have a cd then install it by the cd and run the automatically update the firmware. I hope this helps. Thank you

Well I would suggest you to downgrade the firmware. I am sure downgrading the firmware would help. My friend downgraded the firmware and could easily setup wireless connections and all.

I think you haven’t changed the VPI and VCI to 0 and 35 respectively. If you haven’t then I would suggest you to do that. If you are not a technical or network person then I would suggest you to take help of some expert who can guide you properly. Contact the dataone customer support and ask them to guide you on the issue. If this doesn’t help then I think you to seriously need to think about something. You can also surf on the web regarding this issue. Start googling on the internet and I am sure you will some assistance over there.

for authentication type and setting up wifi i would suggest you to search forums regarding them would be helpful. also you can search on the google website regarding this and get some assistance.