Thread: BSNL Broadband: Extending the range of my WiFi Signal

BSNL Broadband: Extending the range of my WiFi Signal

I recently have BSNL broadbamd connection which is home 1350 with unlimited download. I went through lot of posts on different site to get my very basic and simple problem resolve.I am using Huawei modem and use wifi facility on my laptop for accessing internet.My modem has a PCMCIA slot for wifi connection. I am having it on my first floor and i am getting with this is hardly 5-6 meters> So please help me to increase my range. Thank in Advance.

Re: BSNL Broadband: Extending the range of my WiFi Signal

Will you provide some additional information about what you need.Such as
    1]what range are you looking?
    2]you can try to connect some other network type dual antenna.
    3]You should check by repositioning the modem. If your modem is placed vertical then make it horizontal and try rotating it so that you get max signal at wanted location.
    4]To check your coverage if you focus a torch light beam at location you want then the light should be visible from modem location.
    5] Increase height.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Even i have same problem with my BSNL broadband connection. I am having problem when i connect it to wifi it covers very short range. I want to use wifi for my office so that we can have easy access to net. My office is of 3 floor when i am using BSNL broadband i am unable to get it's coverage to my ground floor. Does any one can suggest which connection should i use so that i will get it fit my requirements? Your effort will be appreciated.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Really i do not trust BSNL modems, even i am getting very less range not able to use it from 10 meters distance. I replace this modem with NETGEAR WGR614 and you will not believe it's range is simply excellent. If you are planning to purchase it then it will cost you approximately 1.6K. I will suggest you to try this modem for your office network and see your issue for less coverage will be solved. Hope this will help you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Thank for your suggestion i had replaced my modem with NETGEAR WGR614 and got this only for 1.2K. After placing this modem i try to access net from second floor and able to connect to net. Now my wifi coverage is almost more than Fifty meters. Really thank you a lot for your valuable information.If some else having same issue then try this modem. Hope this will help you.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I will suggest you not to use N routers because they are very latest technology and your mobiles or laptop may not be compatible with it. It works nice with ipad,iPhone. Those laptop which are older then one year are not compatible. If you suggest N and G range then you will get very less range. So it is better to use NETGEAR WGR614 which is compatible as well as cheap.

punnet Guest

Even I have the same problem , I am using VMS BSNL Broadband model in basement and I am not receiving the signals on my Ground floor. I am planning to replace my modem or using N point to increase the signals