Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Hello friends,
    I have Airtel Digital TV DTH. I want to asked, does Airtel Set top box only supports NTSC only TV or does it has any VGA port to connect to LCD TV. Can anyone tell me, is set top box support NTSC ? Please help me.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Hey yes, it supports. You can connect to LCD TVs. You can do this by using component video input or you can also connect by RCA (YRW) inputs. As per my knowledge NTSC is video technology which is used in US. I think most of the TVs support NTSC and PAL. As per my knowledge PAL mostly used in europe and asia.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey as per my information set top box does not support NTSC. I also have the same problem. I tried various method, but none of them worked out. I search on the internet, but unable to find correct solution.
    I hope this will help you.

I want to asked any of the set top boxes like Dish, Tata Sky, SUN, BIG TV, Airtel supports NTSC video output? I have recently bought SONY Bravia lcd TV from the USA. It supports the NTSC video format. I also have bought Dish TV settop box. It has VGA out. I am looking for a NTSC supported Set top box.
    Last edited by Regina; 13-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

I also had the same problem. I search on the internet for this solution, but I unable to find any result. I think there is no way to run NTSC TVs in India.
    I hope this facility will available in the future.

Did anybody try Dish TV TruHD STB ? Apparently this STB has a setting for HDMI to output in 1080/60Hz or 1080/50Hz. I believe that if the output can be set to 1080/60Hz then it would work on NTSC TV as NTSC TV supports only 60Hz.

Apparently for NTSC support, wait for Sun direct because the stb provided by sun direct might be having NTSC format and they are goin to use coship stb, it supports NTSC, so lets wait and watch. The basic problem is that the broadcast format in India is PAL - so you need a way to convert the PAL broadcast to NTSC before you can watch it on your NTSC TV. The solution requires a PAL-NTSC converter for this to work. A PAL-NTSC converter works like this - it takes a PAL signal (typically coming out of your DTH provider's set top box) and converts it to NTSC format viewable on a NTSC TV.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

Anyone know about Dish TV TruHD STB settings ? This STB has a HDMI setting to output as 1920x1080i@60Hz ot 1920x1080i@50Hz. Since NTSC TVs support 60Hz, I would think that if the HDMI output is configured to 60Hz, we would be able to watch it. Since HDMI is a digital standard, PAL/NTSC doesn't come in to picture at all. As per my understanding, for HDMI , only the screen refresh rate of the TV matters. So, if STB's HDMI output can be configured to 60Hz, there should not be any other issues displaying it on NTSC TV correct ?

I recently bought Airtel HD connection.... and connected it to my Sony Bravia LED tv (KDL46EX700) using component cables and it works fine. I tried to connect it with HDMI cable but it didn't work... It doesn't work even with the very basic video connection... But when using component cable it works fine. I also subscribed for National Geographic HD channel and I can see a huge difference in SD & HD channel quality...

I have a 46EX700 as well that I recently bought from the US. Can you please tell me the model number of the Airtel HD connection you bought. Please send me an email at harish.chandraiah@gmail.com or please email me your contact number so I can call you. I would really appreciate your help and quick response.

ThumbsUp Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Today, after so much of dilemma, after going through n number of forum posts and spending many hours, I went for Airtel HD DTH. I was bit optimistic mp77's post that Airtel HD works with component cables. However, when the install technician opened the HD box, there was no component cable, only HDMI cable was given. I was very anxious until the STB was installed and....walllah....it worked right away.

So the crux is Airtel HD STB works with NTSC tv on HDMI too. I have Dynex TV (which is a Best Buy brand) and only supports NTSC signal. The STB doesn't have any third party logo on it so I am not clear if the provider of STB is any third party. It is manufactured by KAONMEDIA Company Ltd.
    Last edited by redskiin; 26-02-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Hello ,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL40v2500 40" TV bought from USA in 2007. Its NTSC only TV. Do you guys think it will work with Airtel HD stb via HDMI connection ? I read contradicting response in the thread that it works with Component only and the other thread says it works with HDMI as well.
    Please suggest

Regards,
    Murali

smile Re: Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC?

Yes it is possible. But for that you will need SCAN CONVERTER boxes. This boxes has an ability to convert different signals to what you need. Some of the setup box has also support for the same but for that you will need to read the specs in detailed. Just buy the converter and hook your TV on that. Then connect the cable connection and enjoy.

Yesterday I installed Dish TruHD box and hooked up to my Sony Bravia KDL40-v2500 NTSC LCD TV. It worked great. Both Component as well as HDMI are working. I enjoyed Indo-pak match on Star Cricket HD.
    The technician first setup the Dish and LNB to receive the signals as well as the OTA updates. He then connected the TruHD STB and triggered the OTA firmware update to STB. Then switched the video source to Component and configured the HDMI settings to 60Hz. Then switched the video source to HDMI. Now both video sources are working like charm.

So, whoever is brining the NTSC TVs from USA, no need to worry at all. Just install Dish TruHD and get rid of all convertors.

Hi Friends,

I want to bring Sony Bravia KDL-32EX710(NTSC Only) TV to Chennai India this month. Am already having Airtel digital TV at chennai so i feel Airtel HD will be better idea but not confident on selecting this as some other blogs recommended Dish True HD. Am interested in avoiding the converter please tell me which one to choose here. Also please let me know the required converter modal to be on safe side if some one knows the same.

Thanks in advance,
    Sankar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast