Thread: Airtel Broadband policy on Modems and Adapters out of warranty

Airtel Broadband policy on Modems and Adapters out of warranty

I would like to know the policy of Airtel broadband in the security of modems and adapters? So is the warranty offered for modems? Can a customer buy and use any modem with broadband connection from Airtel? And if so, what should be carried? Please answer my query as soon as possible.

Re: Airtel Broadband policy on Modems and Adapters out of warranty

I want to know about the warranty offered by Airtel and the list of modems compatible third-party with broadband Airtel. The CDC says that my modem Airtel is out of warranty, so you will not be replaced. I say they buy from suppliers Beetle. They gave me the address of the local provider. I confirm this is the new policy. I mean if the modem goes bankrupt every time I have to buy a modem at a time? I have not paid the rent of modem provided by Airtel ever. Not included in the monthly bill and not have requested the same.

Well, I know one thing that the Airtel has completely outsourced modem / phone BeeTel hardware. You do not get them. You pay cash for stuff kids BeeTel. You get a bill and, probably, is connected to the warranty. As the case seems more or less instantly, your modem is probably more than a year old. So do not be replaced for free. Your options are buying BeeTel. I think they charge 750 for 1500 for the modem and wireless modem. I have no idea about modems from third parties, but there should be plenty of it should work fine with Airtel.

Yes you are precise with view to the guarantee of a modem. So today the airtel engineer came and detected the crisis in the modem. It was a real problem with the modem. So he told me to buy the wifi not Beetel modem 750 and Wi-Fi modem for Rs 1500. So I bought the wifi modem (Netgear router and I have) to Rs 750, which in that country. He gave me a new modem Beetel 110TC. The shape and now my network is working. I wonder where I can get the latest firmware for the modem above. The firmware version shown in is FIG 0Q T1B-005, while the latter is T1B-0Q-013.

My modem wifi disconnects often and only a couple of days ago came to know the line fault, but not with the router. If the modem off and on, starting to work and before doing this I cannot even enter the site built. So I put a request to replace the modem and the CC agreed and gave the complaint well. Then he never showed and when I call, say that the modem only has one year warranty and also says that after the disengagement is not given the modem anyway and so they became mine. He also said the 1 year warranty period is mentioned in the receipt you got when I paid for it, but I cannot find anything as such. Now I understand that Airtel stopped replace the modem. But I came to know about this issue now only 750. Airtel no doubt that they are rogues.

Something similar happened to me last week. I have airtel land line connection in 2005 and a few days ago my phone stopped working. I called CC and organized a visit. Engineer came to my house and confirmed that the phone is dead. He called his superior and asked him if he can replace our phone. The high official said that according to the connections of Airtel's new policy, which are more than 1 year of age are not given supplements if it is a phone or modem. Engineer said you can get a new phone market, but will not provide any phone airtel whether paid or not paid.