Thread: National optic fiber network has been granted by the DOT

National optic fiber network has been granted by the DOT

Telecommunications Minister announced that the subdivision of Telecommunications (DOT) has accepted the national fiber optic network. He also clued-up the fiber network will cost Rs 20,000 crore in the first place. "We will take up the offer to the Cabinet before," he said. Funding for the broadband network will fund the USO, the minister said, adding. "The USO fund has a balance of 16,000 crore rupees."

Re: National optic fiber network has been granted by the DOT

I guess its BSNL, how quickly can continue to work. But the real thing on FTTH is not yet known. How are they going to give last mile infrastructure, if you are to your home or local node or just the city? When will clarify this? The entire network will be waste if cities do not have proper connectivity for last mile and the cycle continues. Hope you do not end up being another exercise cabling. What will be better or FTTH FTTB?

FTTH is mostly used in all reports. I've seen in many places that these biggies are pushing for a complete solution for last mile in the cities. Punto had first objected, but was adamant TRAI, DOT hope TRAI listening. Many operators like Airtel, reliance is clearly banking on it for IPTV / triple play launch, and so on. FTTH is basically used also in many countries. I searched Google on FTTB and returns fewer results than FTTH. No matter if you are version B or H only thing that matters are going to go the last mile in the cities (towns are confirmed)?

Actually FTTB security can be replaced by FTTN node, ie. It will be like government. building a distribution box through all the towns street / small, then anyone who wants to serve can use your last mile technology, such as fiber, cable or copper, because it is cheaper and can give good speeds over short distances. I have no hope of FTTH Government. I am waiting to bury beam and replace the current one with FTTH FTTB. You see reality in a couple of years. Things are about to explode in India, all people bandwidth, they are starving to exit the forest. This 3G, LTE can also act as a break of a year and then collapse, as it is not built for a major requirement BW / people so optimistic.

Well, the problem with these smaller players is really the integration of all the aliases of Internet services, television and telephone. In my will I waste FTTH triple play if not carried out as it has too much bandwidth. Big players like Airtel, reliance are able to use its scale to reduce costs as the cost of the channels / visual experience, no telephony infrastructure, as well as to forget the all important international bandwidth. Well, if a country like China can achieve this is simply no reason why you cannot, will take a little longer. And I'm not just talking about broadband.

I agree to publish also the fact that things are changed a lot in India, there is now only a mass of illiterate. There are classes of people who really "demand". And on development I believe that private industry is enough to develop our country, unlike Communist China. Off topic but I think it is only "land acquisition" a major obstacle to the left if that resolves it all works out (while in China u know what happens). I'm pretty sure I'll have FTTB connection to my house for the past 2015 (in India).

Chinese government really cares about assembling your country is a myth. Chinese government is as corrupt as the Indian government, if not more. The development of China's infrastructure is more to do with the mandate of the Communist Party of spending on infrastructure to improve the GDP. (I have enough statistics to support my case). I'm happy with the connection of 2 Mbps with FUP without blocking Internet (Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc) internet connection with unlimited 2 Gbps to block almost everything in the web access.