Thread: How to analysis bandwidth cap & is this bandwidth cap a robbery?

How to analysis bandwidth cap & is this bandwidth cap a robbery?

Hello guys I have been thinking about the bandwidth caps and all, I have been studying over it and I think that the ISP, ATT, this study clearly states the oversell by ISP`s , what I have been thinking is there have been a high plans for the users and that is just to see and they don’t allow us to use that as much as we are said we are getting. I think that the foreign country have been providing the good and high speed internet and with a good service and over here in India only the schemes are nice but no proper service and all so what discussion you all guys can make please come up?

Re: How to analysis bandwidth cap & is this bandwidth cap a robbery?

Well what I know about the bandwidth cap Is this is the service which is about to limit the specified amount of the data which has been transferred and the data over a certain period of time. Now this bandwidth cap is been applied by the ISP and when the cannel is the intended to be share by n number of users and which is been overloaded by some of the users. Now this is really bad I know, because when we look at the schemes which are having a nice and better speed rate and when we are paying for it and when we start getting the service what we find is it is not at all anywhere around the service which we are paying for.

Well I think in India the residential broadband haven’t been designed that would let anyone to host their own company and all and many time many of the ISP don’t have anything like this on their T&c and this would create a problem even if you try to do this. And then when you are taking the business connection you would be getting bit better performance and you would be happy with that and you are ready to pay the heavy charge for it but that’s actually not right to. And still you can resell those thing and all and if you do that you would be charged penalties.

Yes guys I agree that this limitations have been really been a big trouble we are never allowed to use the best performing internet its like we have been said that we are paying for the 512 kbps and we get a speed of 40 to 50 kb download per sec what is this? I really don’t understand anything about this if not this should give us above 100kb per sec this is what I think but I know that it depends on the number of the people who have been using the EVDO and at the same time in the particular tower.

I think that this is because the EVDO has been facing lots of load on it and then no one is able to get the proper speed of the 512kbps speed anyways still that is interesting that people in India would like a lot if there pages have been opening quickly they are satisfied with that, by paying lots and lots for a good speed this is really not a good idea and I oppose this but what to do and how to change all this? That’s the biggest question so I don’t think there is anything we can do about it.

What I would be saying to you that I don’t think that any of the ISP providers can do anything over it to I think it is something which is related with the Government Issue and all so I don’t think any of the service provider can do anything over it. And it has been wrong I know but they are nothing to do they can’t do much about it, because now in India people have been thinking that they are getting a good speed if they anyhow start getting some 100 KBPS speed with providing high price this is just been very bad service and cant be done anything until the government over here would be interacting.

This was the period in which the greedy ISPs are starting to implement arbitrary limits of bandwidth, and unfortunately companies like Comcast and AT & T is at the forefront. The idea is that the limited bandwidth backbone is much less than the combined speed of the clients bottom line miles. If that sounds like a lot, then you are AT & T and Comcast Internet user ideals. I am a subscriber service Internet U-verse Max nominal up to 24Mbit Turbo down/3Mbit), for a total theoretical peak performance of 27Mbit caps meet bandwidth of uploads and downloads apply, so I will not make any differentiation between the two. And all this has been found only to say and what you are getting is totally different. And this is not at all foreign countries have been good with about 10 or 50 times faster net than we have and this is really a shame for us, I think.