Thread: No more free modem and routers for MTNL Broadband connection

No more free modem and routers for MTNL Broadband connection

I was browsing to some site for selecting new broad band and came across a bad news for all MTNL broadband user that MTNL broadband customer in Mumbai city using unlimited or combo plan will now have to pay Rs 50/- more on their monthly bill payment for using MTNL modem it was announce on 1st of July currently all these user using these plan does not have to pay any rent for the modem this was the part of the scheme at the time the plan was sold . sad for all you user who are currently using unlimited and combo plan

Re: No more free modem and routers for MTNL Broadband connection

Yeah I too came across this new and the information you have given is bit little incomplete. It is true tah form now onward all unlimited and combo user have to pay Rs 50/- extra with their monthly bill but according to TRAI regulation this will be laid on user which come above 6 month of subscription not for user stated using connection with in 6 month . they will be eligible only after 6 month of their usage . MTNL is also stated to give more speed in unlimited plan during night which start form 10 pm to 8 am and for broadband combo plan customer MTNL is offering 25 calls absolutely free for a month

I was also surprised by see triband website stated that now they are gonna charge Rs 50/- extra for using CPE on unlimited and combo plan and to my surprise I was shock to know they are gonna charge Rs 50/- for the user who own their CPE may be this one may wrongly quoted why would be they charge user who have their own CPE. Ridicules first they attract the customer by not charging then for CPE monthly and when they get multiple customer the suck the blood out of them I mean Rs50/- by any mean is not a less amount for me

I don’t understand why the hell you are crying MTNL must have charging Rs 50/- extra for using CPE because they probably have told to do so by TRAI or DoT but for that they are compensating by giving extra 20% to 30% speed at night from 10 pm to 8 am. I think this speed increase is way to more for compensate 50 Rs and if you were that aware while taking plan there was always written limited time offer for free CPE in their advertisement . I don’t understand why some people always ask for more when they already get so much quit complaining

This extra payment of Rs 50/- was only laid on the customer who are using CPE provider by the MTNL thought I really appreciate the increase of speed during night but don’t forget that MTNL is the only provider who give unlimited usage without any fair usage capping beside I don’t think MTNL this move of rising extra charge on unlimited and combo user was influenced by TRAI or DOT . I don’t understand that how can one cant guesses this increment is MTNL own Decision seeing the fact the increasing number of user which using their services

Hey guys got stuck here. I bought MTNL unlimited plan say 6 month ago with their Wi-Fi modem but that dint workout for me they even replace it still was facing same problem so I decided not to use their modem better buy a new one so I got TP link WiFi modem now the question is will they charge me with 50 Rs as I am not using their given modem so should not be charged for the defective modem . what if I return them their modem back will they give my 600 Rs back which I paid them while taking the connection .