Thread: Airtel 30 and 50 mbps Broadband plans

Airtel 30 and 50 mbps Broadband plans

I want to know about the broadband plans provided by the Airtel Broadband Service. Currently I am using airtel broadband of 4Mbps plan. I heard that they are providing the plan with speed of 30 Mbps to 50mbps. Is those planes are active for the users to use it. Or just they have announced it. And not yet launched. If those planes are out now then what is the rate for the activation. And does these plans available in Mumbai also since I am living in Mumbai.

Re: Airtel 30 and 50 mbps Broadband plans

Yes what you are saying is true. They have launched plans of 30 and 50 mbps. Those plans are active from March only. But for the first time they are providing the plans for the Delhi itself. And not the entire Delhi but some places in Delhi. The plan cost you around 7000 to 9000 per month with fair usage policy of 200GB. So you can download up to 200GB with the speed after that the speed will be degraded. And it’s not available for Mumbai. So bad luck for you.

Details of the plans I have found over the net.
    • 30 MBPS - @ Rs. 7999 per month, free data transfer up to 200GB and additional free Value added services like Parallel Ringing, Website Builder (Basic), PC Secure (Anti-Virus software), Online Storage, Unlimited Gaming on Games on Demand.
    • 50 MBPS - @ Rs. 8999 per month, free data transfer up to 200 GB and additional free value added services like Parallel Ringing, Website Builder (Basic), PC Secure (Anti-Virus software), Online Storage, Unlimited Gaming on Games on Demand.

I am having bad experience while using the Airtel . They are not capable of providing such a heavy download speed. They have to provide fair usage policy 200GB on the 1Mbps. Other thing I am thinking that while using 50mbps plan do we get complete speed. From my viewpoint no we will get around 20 to 30 Mbps even less I am sure about that. So wait for the plan to come in Mumbai. If it’s available in Mumbai it will be good.

I don’t think this plane will never launch in complete India. I don’t think there network is good that much to handle such a speed. Since there network can’t support even 4mbps plans perfectly. And those plans are available in the Delhi itself. Also not in entire Delhi only in some areas of Delhi. First they have to provide good 4Mbps plans then try to provide 50 Mbps. Also the cost is more since of the fair usage policy which reduces the speed of the broadband after reaching at particular download . in this plan it is at 200Gb which is really less.

That plans of 30 mbps and 50mbps just a trick of the company to stay in limelights. They fail to provide good 5mbps plans with their service. I don’t think there is any logic behind it. They have to first try to resolve the problems they are facing with their 4 and 5 mbps plans. Then if they do any plans then I don’t have any problem. I don’t know why they are facing such a problems. There network is good.they have FTTN network they can easily provide good speed but don’t know this problem is happening with them.

I think airtel is one of the internet service providers in India. Tikona and beam also provides the high speed internet but they are not reliable. Therefore many of the user prefer airtel as there provider. You can many problems with Tikona and Bean users go to the forums. Many of the people facing the problem with their connectivity. You will also search the airtel forum the people only have problems with the fair usage policy. You will find very less problem of connectivity with the airtel users. So people who are using airtel have to stay with them only since its best of them.