Thread: MTNL New plans with 2mbps speed on night and Sunday

MTNL New plans with 2mbps speed on night and Sunday

MTNL has announced the new unlimited plan while runs on night with 2mbps and on Sunday full day at 2mbps. Also as I know that this plan doesn’t has any fair usage policy on it. So the plans are nice one. Can anyone have the details of those planes? Since I am using the old MTNL plan with 512 kbps of the speed. Those plans look really good for the same value of 512 kbps. So if anyone has the list of the plan provide it here.

Re: MTNL New plans with 2mbps speed on night and Sunday

Yes MTNL has launched those planes. The value for money for those plans is good. Since cost is really good. That plan list is as below
    • DSL_unlimited_555
    • DSL_unlimited_666
    • DSL_unlimited_888
    • DSL_unlimited_1333

Each one price is around 555, 666, 888, and 1333 respectively. The difference between those plans is only the speed which is provided at morning. Each plan has different speed. This plane are available for promotional period only. Those planes are active from 15th may 2011 so change the plan quickly I don’t think MTNL will provide such a good offer again.

Nice plans MTNL has launched. The plans are works at low speed while in morning around 8am to 10 pm and after 10 pm to 8 am and on Sunday the speed of the plans increased. Each plan has different speed at morning and increased speed at night and Sunday. Some details about the plan with their speed
    • DSL_unlimited_555 having speed at morning 320 kbps and in night and Sunday 1mbps
    • DSL_unlimited_666 having speed at morning 320 kbps and in night 1mbps and on Sunday 2mbps
    • DSL_unlimited_888 having speed at morning 512 kbps and in night and Sunday 2mbps
    • DSL_unlimited_1333 having speed at morning 1 mbps and in night and Sunday 2mbps

So all the plans has nice speed at a good value.

Here I want to point out more about those plans. The speeds which are provided on their site has up to mark on it so the speed can be less sometimes it can’t be stable to 1mbps if it’s this plane it can go down to 512 kbps also. I am right now using MTNL 1mbps plan paying around Rs. 999 per month. But I can’t get the complete speed. Rather than get 80% of the speed. I am getting the speed of 800kbps. So I don’t think that speed of the 2mbps plan also does that only it will give 80 % of speed only. So be careful while buying those plans. First check all the conditions and policies since they are using TRIA policy there for the speed of the plans are 80% of which they specify.

The plans are best value for money. But not all the plan which is around Rs.666 is one of the best plans in those. Since the speed factor and speed in night and on Sunday. The speed of plan on 666 which has 320kbps which will be increased to 3.2 times while in night and 6.4 times on the Sunday to its original speed on morning. Whether the Rs. 888 plan having increased 4 times on Sunday and night. And in Rs.1333 plan increase 1times on Sunday and on the night. So as compared this DSL_unlimited_666 is one of the good plans in it.

I don’t know why MTNL has launched those planes. I don’t get logic of them behind it. Rather than providing the plans cheaper to us. They are charging around Rs. 333 more for the one mbps plan. And I don’t think the speed will reach the complete speed on 1mbps. Many of the people use the night planes for downloading stuffs like movies and other things. So I don’t think those planes will be good. During the funday period I have faced some problems. When they provided the speed of around 2mbps in night. But sometimes the speed is really drops to its level which will be dropped to around 256kbps.

Hi, so the actual concept behind the planes is that they are charging more for the increase in the speed they are providing. Yes and I agree about the low speed while in funday period in April. Since many of the peoples are subscribed this service. Many of the people in Mumbai circle have subscribed to this there for that service failed. When the new user subscribed to those plans. Then MTNL will provide leeches to the available plans itself. So many of the other people will face the problem due to those leeches and the new subscribers which use the bandwidth.