Thread: Google Street View drives Bangalore, launching in India soon

Google Street View drives Bangalore, launching in India soon

Most of you Indians might have heard that the few months ago the Google street view card had spotted in Bangalore. It was taking pictures of the streets. I think that it was the first city in India view the Google street view car. However many people have put the objection over this. So now I don’t think that this project has completed or not. Do you think that the Google will going to launch Street view in India? If so when it will gonna release?

Re: Google Street View drives Bangalore, launching in India soon

Less than a month after announcing the launch of the country, authorities in Bangalore, India, have banned cars from Google Street View to move into the city. According to the BBC, the authorities in Bangalore have discussed the risks to safety and called the city area "very sensitive." Questioned by MEDIANAME , a spokesman for Google said "We stopped our cars until we can answer questions and concerns of the police. Launched in 2007, Google Street View allows users to move virtually anywhere thanks to the panoramic views of street cars collected by Google.

Certainly, the Google Street View cars have had problems in their work. After France, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium, it was the turn of the Indian authorities to complain against the mapping service of Google. Authorities in Bangalore suggest indeed security risks, the city is considered particularly sensitive. Google will have to address their concerns before hoping to restart the service.

Bangalore fears that terrorists could exploit the images, said the commissioner of the local police. "We are wary of the streets and neighborhoods will be photographed and made public," the police chief of Bangalore. Street View is created controversy on several occasions due to privacy violations. So the Google cars gathered sensitive information over unsecured Wi-Fi networks of Internet users had been sent. Google also had hundreds of photos. In France, a high Google fined in Britain also threatens punishment.

Google Street cars will roam the streets of Bangalore to integrate this great Indian city in their catalog. Cars, but bikes, just like this one, which may not go unnoticed in the Indian streets! In practice, Google has received a letter from the police commissioner who was forced to stop the cars intent on photographing streets and corners. Apparently, security concerns have been raised to take their pictures in the detailed 360-degree, but maybe there could be nothing behind. Beyond the problems of public order and traffic and safety, it seems that some people have complained about privacy injured.

Good to see that Google met, but that can mean that maybe Street View in that part of the world is not as good as elsewhere. Problem is that Bangalore is home to scientific and defense institutions, including the Indian Space Research Organization and Hindustan Aeronautics. Now the IT sector is one of the growing sector in Bangalore and leads to countless corporation. So it would be matter of national or state security when it comes to the Google street view.