Thread: TRAI issues Consultation Paper on Fair Usage Policy

TRAI issues Consultation Paper on Fair Usage Policy

The TRAI finally released a paper regarding the topic of fair usage policy. I have seen 2 letters that have been issued by the Government Delhi. Clearness within the stipulation of telecommunication services and tariff provides has for all time been and carries on to be of prime anxiety to the Authority. TRAI has during the history taken more than a few steps by means of a view to improving intelligibility in tariff offers.

Re: TRAI issues Consultation Paper on Fair Usage Policy

One of the most recently treated in our forum is the policy of rational use of the band that applies to users of the Vodafone mobile network deals UMTS / GPRS, to protect the quality 'of service for all. Many of you ask more precise information about the measures implemented by Vodafone who makes a very intensive use of the connection in terms of volume of data exchanged. We believe may be of interest to all the "fair usage policy" of Vodafone, applies to subscribers of mobile Internet subscriptions, with the aim of offering quality 'of service for all and not for the few.

For the amount of data as you have been told there is a possibility of "buying back" the package if you finish first. As for investment trusts that is not as you think. It 'a long time now that all operators in the world put a lot of money to try to keep pace with the explosion of mobile data traffic. The problem is that these investments are not enough if something is not done well in terms of tariffs. So the possibilities are either to block all new activations, raise tariffs, or place limits. As well as on investment of these 3 choices that you must find a balance.

I believe that you have not hit the point. A Vodafone do not care if you download pirated stuff or not. A Vodafone care how much waste, because downloading from clogging the network. And that goes for the movies you watch streaming for radio or TV on the Internet, browsing the same: if you open a page with large files, you're still "downloading", although maybe not the subject, to be able to see. And bandwidth consumption. Consumption beyond a certain limit will cause the block. Right, wrong,

I use just a mobile connection, especially as I live / work is slow, but the "fair usage policy" is "fair" only for the operators. The basic concept I would say is "I'll sell you a service that can keep only if people do not use". If a "use" the service you have purchased is punished. Everything just seems "fair" regardless of who is the operator that puts the stakes. All this is even more ridiculous if you think the "traffic shaping" the P2P operators did in the beginning of the ADSL development of these lines were able to build thanks to those who wanted to download data from Emule and the like. It all seems a great hypocrisy.

You will always have bandwidth limitations in wireless. Unfortunately, in the future there will only be smart phones and keys, but then a lot of terminals connected to a lot of bandwidth will be consumed. The issue of speed limits is dictated primarily by marketing, so gui operators can be said to have a fee without limitations. In fact, as I have said many times with 64 or 32 kbit there is almost nothing. I do not think at this speed connections, rather than create a lot of congestion, to pay more (like 3), or to limit but not to charge anything (like Tim and Wind) is a choice operator.

Vodafone announced last weekend that the data limits are applicable to its subscriptions to smartphones. This means in practice that the cheapest plan a limit of 250MB per month, and expensive subscriptions to a maximum of 1GB. Vodafone says this data limits to enter because the 'rules' of the Fair Use Policy for customers often unclear are. By a fixed limit to the telecom operator hopes to give more transparency. The Fair Use Policy means customers ten times the average monthly data usage can consume, and Vodafone, according to many users, this raises only questions.