Thread: ADSL router doesn’t reconnect & Ethernet lights stops?

ADSL router doesn’t reconnect & Ethernet lights stops?

Guys can you solve my problem having a real tuff time with this problem and can’t find any idea which can fetch me out of this problem. Well what I am facing is the problem with my ADSL routers what happens is sometime it just gets disconnected and when I am trying to reconnect it just fails and the Ethernet light just stops and it is never back I don’t know whats wrong with this can anyone help me if they have ever faced this problem then they can suggest me something please?

Re: ADSL router doesn’t reconnect & Ethernet lights stops?

Well dear I have faced this problem once and I was having a real bad time with it I called up the Service provider the technician came checked everything and went away nothing changed then I was really frustrated when I called them to change my box with the new one if they want I am ready to pay but they dint charged me when they found out that there was a problem with the box itself they just replace it and everything was fine after that.

Well I have some steps which can lead you out of this problem would ask you to carry them out and see if you get helped ok so the first thing I would be asking you to check up the splitter is it working fine or it has any problem with it because they can be the problem many time and if it is found as a culprit or no I would ask you to change it and then try if the problem is solved and then the bypass the splitter and connect directly to the modem and check if you are helped.

Yap this way can help you out I too would like to support this point and would ask you to simply check up with the connection after the splitter is fine or not because it seem to be the problem with the splitter itself and I can’t see anything else to be the problem if your components are fine may be your router is been spoiled and you can Google the diagram of the splitter and then follow according to it that would surely help you out if you follow the complete diagram.

What would I like to say over this is that you should change the Ethernet cable completely and this would surely solve your problem because when I had this problem I have almost tried all the option and I wasn’t helped at all so now I think this would be helped by the changing in the hardware completely, I am felling this because mostly such things occur due to the hardware problems only.

I have a better plan which you can carry out and see if that helps you out and I think it would help you just go to your friends place ask him for his hardware I mean the modem or router and change it with yours and see if the problem is solved now I think you now if it is solved definitely that is the culprit and if not solved then you can be sure that there is some problem with the computer or with the service provider ask them to check it again our take away the box and once try to format your c drive and see and also check the plug behind your cpu that is it working fine.

Make sure the wires are all correct connectors. In the router's documentation should be a section on how to hard reset the router back to factory settings sometimes helps to disconnect and reconnect all the instructions in the documentation supplied with the ADSL router. Resetting your ADSL password. Escalate the problem to a senior technician. While working with the cables, make sure the router is connected off. Laptop users who use their laptops at work, you must ensure that your proxy settings are disabled.

hey guys it has been really a big problem with me to i was facing all this to and was really very upset and i dint knew what to do and i have bee searching over this from long but i haven't got any help around but these posters have helped me out nicely i have been going through them and there help does counts so i would be asking to follow some of this steps been mentioned here and you would really enjoy it a lot by getting your problem solved.