Thread: Sites have been blocked by my ISP as per Department of Telecom India?

Sites have been blocked by my ISP as per Department of Telecom India?

Well friends I am having and Airtel internet service provider and I am having some of the sites been blocked and they have been stating that it is blocked because of the Department of the Telecom India and this sites are MediaFire, SendSpace, RapidShare i have been using opendns and proxies does not count and I know that all of the blocked sites would work through proxies so I don’t want to deal with this and people over here please share up some deal about it and let me know if any other users have been blocked by the other ISP’s please help?

Re: Sites have been blocked by my ISP as per Department of Telecom India?

Hello friend I have been using the airtel broadband to and I have found out the the rapidshare, mediafire have been blocked to and I stay in delhi and I have even found out that they have been working with the opera turbo though and I also know that the Opera turbo is basically and a proxy so the sites would be working on it but I have been just sharing up my view with it and though u have also been facing the problem with the airtel by this two sites been blocked.

Well guys staying in Delhi to and a customer of Mtnl service provider and been facing same problem but with one of the different site Sendspace and Rapidshare only this two ahs been a problem and other are working fine I don’t know what has been wrong with this site and why they have blocked it but I do trust the Department of Telecom India and I know whatever they have been doing would be good for each one of us anyways I don’t know this is good or bad but I am also facing a problem and not liking it at all.

Hey I have been using this Spectranet Wireless and not much far away from the problems you all have been facing but as same quite in different way as I have been facing a problem with the Sendspace blocked anly been blocked on my network and rest of them are working fine and Rapidshare, Mediafire are also working nicely don’t know whay you are having this problem I think each one of them has their own protocols which they have been following it on their own.

What’s going on with all of you guys I don’t know why you all are facing this problem but I think your service providers are having some problem, I am staying in Mumbai and have been using the Hathway one and I haven’t faced this problem till now none of them have been blocked so I think you need to contact the Hathway and ask them is there and sites been blocked by them to over there and if not you can switch to them or you can contact the ISP which you have been using and ask them till when all this would be going on.

Well would like to share up some view over here they cannot do DNS filtering as people may use third party DNS, and that is why they must be doing something with the headers, which may not be possible with a SSL secured connection so I think you can contact to them again and ask them how ot get rid of this and apart form this I would be saying that I have bene using BSNL and none of the sites have been blocked so enjoying all of them.

Ya this has been faced by lots of people and this is a legal issue i think, and telecoms department have been doing this for certain good reason so i don't think any one need to worry about it, i have been also facing the problem with this and they have been blocking some of my sites and some of them are not blocked. so the blocked sites are Mediafire, Sendspace, Filesonic and the not blocked sites are Rapidshare, Multiupload, Megaupload and i ahve been using Google DNS, Reliance.

Using hathway in Mumbai and none of the sites have been blocked i think till now no policy has been applied to me so i think right now i have been using the net with full on mode and may be Hathway doesn't have all this try to contact them and make things clear and if they dont they your problem is solved and then you can enjoy it a lot by getting them.