Thread: World's fastest cable broadband 1.5 GB/sec

World's fastest cable broadband 1.5 GB/sec

UK cable broadband provider Virgin Media are going too check their internet speed which should be up to 1.5 GB in East London as per they assumed. While using a network cable, Virgin Media, will begin performing trials this month in relation with four companies in London, known as the "Silicon Roundabout."

The download of 1.5 GB and 150 MB of freight service uses the same infrastructure and technology as Virgin Media, currently used to provide residential customers with fastest broadband in the country of origin. If this successful, this will be the fastest internet service provider in the world with cable and over 240 times quicker than the national average for broadband, as evidenced by a report from Ofcom. Similar tests have demonstrated the ability of technology and the power to offer download speeds of 1 GB. Well, I think this is incredible. Need an opinion on this.

Re: World's fastest cable broadband 1.5 GB/sec

Well currently I am using 50 MB/sec internet speed which is also provided by the virgin itself. On connecting to servers, it gives me the speed of 48 MB/sec whereas steam offers only 2.6 MB. I was completely satisfied with this speed but when I heard 1.5 GB/sec I was just shocked. I have never ever thought of such speed. I think this will neglect the use of television and in future taking into considerations everyone will use this broadband. Thus lets see what happens when people try this.

Hey even I have the same speed i.e. of 50 MBs. I can download at 5 MB/sec which is quite good. To get access to such speed for downloading I need to pay 3 times more amount which I pay for virgin. It use to take 2 days minimum when I kept a movie for downloading but now its just a matter of an hour which is quite enough to download a game. I think this will also change the wolrd for watching movies online. I hope this internet speed comes in market as soon as possible.

I don’t think so that this ISP is good enough. It's of no use if you are getting speed of 1 GB during peak hours while they claim for providing the speed 1.5 GB? Also the cost of such speed will be 10 times more than the one which we are using now. Lets see the trial which will occur in this month and I hope that this company succeeds what they are claiming of after all they have spend £ 13 billion behind this.

The service has been possible thanks to £ 13 billion i.e. around 1300 crore rupees company's investment in its infrastructure that hopes the new service will be able to mark the beginning of a new wave of interactive entertainment services. This in turn provides housing and industrial properties with the resources necessary to develop data-intensive communication protocols and remote working. So I think this is going to change the world in terms of data transfer and communications.