Thread: MTNL Broadband's speed even on 512kbps is worst

MTNL Broadband's speed even on 512kbps is worst

Hi, I have bought a new connection to MTNL broadband 1 month back, but I am not getting the speed that they have told me, as it always fluctuates and never get stable. Whenever I view the videos on you tube the it takes too much streaming time as I think it should not be. What was the problem? As when I call their customer support they told me that the connection is perfectly working. I am bother about this and not getting what is going on. Any suggestion.

re: MTNL Broadband's speed even on 512kbps is worst

Yeah, it is the basic problem regarding the MTNL’s connection, as their synchronizations rates varies some time, which makes the internet speed to down. But don’t worry about that it is not a serious problem. You may be able to access the sites with the normal speed soon. But if you don’t then I must say there might be some problem in your PC, you should check whether all the connection is proper or not, and not lagging from anywhere else.

The problem you have mentioned has many reasons for cutting down the speed. As you may have the corrupted systems, or you may be having the browser that take the highest bandwidth, so you can try using the another one, that you can download It from the internet and you can test your speed then on the internet. I hope this will work, because after searching almost each and every big problems we found that the problem is almost none compare to that.

There are some ticks but I don’t know whether it works or not, I had heard from my friend and they are using it, they told me. See I mentioning you, you can speed up your connection by modifying the LAN properties, that you can do by following steps. First of all click on the start button and the click on network connection, right click on the property of your main connection, then one window will appear, in that unselect everything except Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Then there is a patch that you have to download it from the internet called Lvllords. Run it, and set the limit to 100 by pressing ‘c’. See, I am again saying I am not sure, but the steps are simple you can try, it won’t take more time.

You have another option too, you can set the policy value to have the reserve bandwidth provided the operating system. Open the group policy by running the run command and type Gpedit.msc, a window will appear in that select the local computer policy in that select computer configuration in that administrative template, in that network and last you’ll find the QOS pocket scheduler in which you can you can enable it. This will surely work as I am running on my PC. But whatever I have mentioned is for windows Xp. I hope you are using the same.

While accessing the internet web browsers also plays the most important roles as, nowadays all are good in their performance, but still you can try using the Mozilla fire fox, that’s what I am using, it has very good features for making the connection to the server as well as make the web pages available to us, it also provide the best service for the dial up connection, as you have mentioned you are using the MTNL’s it seems dial up. It will help you, try using it, or you may have so many option regarding the internet browser.

I would suggest you to use the anti-virus software for your PC that will not allow the viruses to come in the PC’s. as sometime it happens even after having the full speed internet we didn’t get the expected speed because of the infected PC. The worms and specially the Trojan makes the computer works so slowly. So you can try this ways as once I was having the same problem but at that time I wasn’t have the anti virus software so I just formatted my PC but after that I was getting good speed.

Re: MTNL Broadband's speed even on 512kbps is worst

hey gpedit.msc isnt working for me i use windows xp what should i do?

Re: MTNL Broadband's speed even on 512kbps is worst

Quote Originally Posted by girishvyas11 View Post
    hey gpedit.msc isnt working for me i use windows xp what should i do?
    Could you please explain what kind of problem you are facing in details? Why do you want to use gpedit.msc in windows xp? Actually, Gpedit is not available in Windows XP Home Edition, only available in Windows XP Professional. So if you are using windows xp home edition then you wont have the options for gpedit.msc.