Thread: Unable to get the maximum speed using MTNL Broadband

Unable to get the maximum speed using MTNL Broadband

I am having a PC with a higher configuration. I make use of it for various purposes. I also have an internet tri- band connection (2Mbps unlimited) that I use for surfing on the internet from my PC. But yesterday I noticed one major issue while surfing. I was not getting the complete speed of 2Mbps. How can I obtain the complete speed that I need. Can you help me out to solve this issue? Low internet speed is annoying me a lot. To whom should I complain regarding this issue? According to me speedtest.net and Line/SNR results is perfect. Then too I am not getting the complete speed? Please help me out to avoid this issue.

Re: Unable to get the maximum speed using MTNL Broadband

The issue that you are facing is quite common with many people. Most of the service provider usually doesn’t provide complete speed to any of its members. But the members should get complete speed as they are paying for it. I need to know your speed test.net and Line/SNR details. After knowing these details I can further recommend you regarding what should be exact step that you need to take to obtain the complete speed for your internet connection.

I read your post you can definitely achieve the complete speed that you need. As you said that you are not able to get complete speed of 2Mbps, it can due to SNR Margin Value or Line Attenuation that is affecting your internet speed. Your SNR Margin Value or Line Attenuation can be less than the actual value required to obtain the stable or excellent connection. Try to change these things by contacting your service provider and then see the speed that you achieve while surfing on internet.

To achieve complete speed using your internet connection is not much complicated. There can be various reasons due to which you are not getting the expected speed. Best solution that I recommend to solve out of this issue is to call your service provider or visit the nearest MTNL exchange and inform them about the problem that you are facing. They will definitely let you know what the exact cause for this issue is and advise you and let you know what can be done to avoid the problem. Try this out and I think you won’t face such issue in the future.