Thread: Vodafone 3G stick vs any broadband ?

Vodafone 3G stick vs any broadband ?

I am currently using the Vodafone’s services to get connected with internet, so I had activated unlimited plan on that but as by viewing its commercial advertisement regarding 3G, so I just plan to move on that, so for that I just asked the customer care about the process, they told me that if I switch to non 3G area, I’ll be completely cut off from the internet. Is my phone switch to EDGE when I move to non 3G area.? Or I have to charge for both the services ?

Re: Vodafone 3G stick vs any broadband ?

See, whatever they have said that doesn’t make any sense, why would they just disconnect you for using the internet connection? So don’t worry about that. But why you are moving to 3G as you can have many more plans rather than that. Because I feel it is only the formality, only the richest man or you may say the business man can afford such a services. According to me its neither affordable nor available to everywhere. I recommend you that don’t switch.

I would like to suggest you to stick with 3G, as Vodafone already has a good coverage over 2G with compare to other service providers. Or if you only want such portable services you can buy a TATA photon services, it has a very good USB stick, with a good plans. Or the best option is like if you want to use the internet to within your place you can have MTNL or BSNL, which has largest customers over India.

If you’re planning to move on 3G here are some plans, according to the websites, monthly rental plans starts from Rs. 100 and end with almost 1000. This are only through the mobiles, there are many plans between that, they varies from its rate to its speed. But if you are planning to have broadband services it has a monthly rental plan from Rs. 650 to 6250. For further details you can check its official site, there is very good explanation about all the plans with their respective speed.

You can activate the 3G plan from you mobile phone, as you have follow such steps, send a simple message from your mobile like ‘ACT 3G’ to 111, in return you’ll get the two message. but you have Vodafone mobile phone you need not have to bother about the activation, as it is already active, otherwise that message will surely work, and the services will be activated in 24 hours. The charges will be same as you current 2G plan only you have pay more for the video calling.

As soon as you activate the connection you have to configure its setting, but I think as you were using it already, you must have the settings, but if you don’t have or by mistakenly deleted it, you can set it again. Or perhaps this’ll help the new customers, as you put your card in the mobile phonen you’ll shortly receives the message from the company itself, but if suppose you didn’t get it automatically, you can send the SMS ‘ VL to 52586’ that’s tool free you won’t have to pay for that.

Here are some phones I am mentioning that supports 3g network, this are more from Nokia, 9500, 9300, 6680, 6681, 6682, 6220, 6230, 3220, 6330, 7710. But if you are using Sony Ericsson’s cell phone I don’t have the proper idea but you have to configure the setting manually, as I am using w595 I got the message from their side only. But note that 6220 does not supports the television features, even if you have 3G activated.