Thread: SDTV channels vs. HDTV channels

SDTV channels vs. HDTV channels

Well guys I need some suggestions over here on the Standard-definition on television .ie SDTV and the HDTV (High definition on television). I am having a Sony Bravia 42’inch LCD TV. And my I have Airtel digital tv connection. I am planning to take HD service on Airtel but before that I want to confirm that will it be worth to pay more to watch the same thin on HD or sticking to same SD will be the better idea, guys please share your experience here.

Re: SDTV channels vs. HDTV channels

Well buddy even I have Airtel digital TV, I subscribed to the HD pack and I got very few channel at that because only very few channels were on HD like Discovery, National Geography channel and Movies Now. And in my point of view that was actually waste of money. Because you have to pay extra for those HD channel but since you are getting digital clarity on your Airtel in SD, you will hardly see any difference while watching the TV.

I am completely agree with above user because I has bought the Tata Sky HD gold pack, in which I got National Geographic HD, Discovery HD and Star Plus HD and during Wimbledon and FIFA world cup I got some matches on HD but frankly speaking there is no use of HD because channels are very clear on SD as well. And I hardly observed any difference, even many times I did not realized that I was watching a HD channel or a SD channel.

Well yeah there is hardly any difference between SD and HD channel, I observed that SD version is a 16:9 broadcast on which people doesn’t look shorter or fatter. Normally we watch at distance of 8-10 feet and from that distance there is no difference in HD and SD channels clarity. You will get little bit amount of difference when you will watch TV from very close distance like by sticking your face to TV set. So buddy stay with SD.

Thank you guys, for your suggestions, that’s what even I was thinking but just wanted to try HD once to swatch that clarity but there are HD channels which I hardly watch, but after reading this post I planning to buy Tata sky because it offers football matches on HD, that’s the only reason else now I am happy with SD, I heard a lot about HD but since I am getting crystal clarity with the combination of LCD and digital set top box, Thank you guys.