Thread: Is there any speed test widget available?

Is there any speed test widget available?

I am here looking for a good speed test widget. I wanted to ask if there is any desktop software say windows xp which can run periodic speed tests after a particular period of time? If it is there then do let me know about it. Also one more thing that I would like to do is that I want to record the data to a log file of all the speed that I get during the test. So is that possible. I know my idea is new. So that’s why I am looking for a good widget that will help me in doing that. So anyone who wants to add something here then so let me know about it.

Re: Is there any speed test widget available?

According to me running the speed test every hour is useless this is because the speed test is made to have a check of the internet especially when the internet speed is down. So there is no need of looking every hour. Whats the use of it looking every hour when you know that your internet speed is satisfactory. Sorry to say but this is my opinion on this topic and that is my view on that topic. So this is what I have to say here.

Well if you are thinking about it then I would recommend you to run a script that will allow you to run the ftp. Once you are able to run the ftp then save the script results in a file and then you would be able to get through all the details of the file. I know it is a very complex procedure. The scripts that you might be needing will be easily available in the internet. So do that thing accordingly and you might be able to get through the solutions.

According to me if you are comfortable coding some scripts whatever your operating system has then it will be quite helpful for you. So do work on it accordingly and you will be able to get some results out of it. So basically what you need to do is get a ftp application downloaded from a website such as optimum online. If you are able to write some scripts for the so that you have then you can automate the ftp as well as get some output from it as well. So do work on my suggestion and it might help you.

Ok, thanks for the necessary suggestions that you all have given here and I will be working on it accordingly. I will go through the entire suggestions and accordingly work on it. So thanks a lot for all the help that you all have given here. I must say that I am amazed with the response that I got here. So thanks a lot for the help. I will reply to you all if I am successfully able to get through the solution.