Thread: DSL speed tests not touching 6mbps speed

DSL speed tests not touching 6mbps speed

I recently had a speed test check done for my dsl modem and I found that the speed is touching only up to 5mbps speed and not touching the 6mbps mark as it was said to. I tried using different applications for checking out the speed test and I must say that all of them are showing the same speed. Now why is that 1mbps drop. While introducing the plan they advertise it has a 6mbps plan then why don’t we get the full speed while browsing. Does anyone have to say anything here then please do comment in.

Re: DSL speed tests not touching 6mbps speed

If you are getting a speed of say 5 mbps then I must say that you are getting the exact amount of speed that you are bound to get. The 6 mbps speed is a gross speed and it is a obvious thing that the isp people will not provide the entire speed during the peak hours. So that’s why it does tends to go down and hence I must say that the speed that you are getting is appropriate. So stop worrying about the matter and instead enjoy the speed that you are getting.

Yes, I absolutely agree with the above user and I must say that he is quite true in saying that. The 5 mbps is a good speed that you are getting. If you are thinking that where does the other 1mbps go then let me tell you that it is consumed by the isp people’s communication protocol. It rounds up to 15-20% of the total internet speed. So that is what I have to say here. Do not worry much, the speed that you are getting is quite good and be happy with it.

Well you can observe some drop if your modem is not quite good. There are sometimes problem with the hardware of the modem and it does tends to give you very disappointing results in the speed test. If you are not so happy with the speed that you are getting then do get your modem replaced. It would be a nice option as such. One thing you have to note here is that the speed might be reduced during the peak hours and I must say that there must be a 10-15% drop from the average that you are getting.

Hey thanks for the necessary information that you have given here. Thanks for putting some light on that topic. I was thinking that the speed that is been published by the isp providers are the actual speed that we get and hence I thought of reporting this problem to you all. So that’s what I have to say here. Well there is a great amount of usage done by the isp people with the connection protocols. However thanks for reminding about the same.