Thread: Are DSL Speedtest servers configured for proper speed results?

Are DSL Speedtest servers configured for proper speed results?

I am not sure whether the new dsl speed test results are the proper one? Recently I had a comcast speed check done and the test results have specified that the speed that I am getting is accurate and I think that’s the proper one. On having a speed test done with the dsl it has been reported that the speed that I got was not so much appreciable. Basically I pay for a 12mbps plan in which I must get a 12mbps up and 2mbps down but while conducting a speed test from the dsl I got the speed only up to 3-4 mbps up and 1 mbps down. So on contacting the Comcast people they have said to stick to the Comcast because the dsl and the other speed test don’t have a proper updated server for showing the accurate results. Even I think that what about you all.

Re: Are DSL Speedtest servers configured for proper speed results?

Yes I completely agree with you and I must say that the Comcast people are actually saying the truth and hence I would say that it is better to listen to them. They have the proper hardware for the high speeds and hence I must say that they will get the proper speeds for the high speed broadband. The dsl people must wake up and switch on to some good hardware their servers are configured only for the normal broadband speed and not the high broadband speed and hence I think you must better stick with the Comcast it is known to deliver appropriate results for the high speed broadband.

I would like to add something here. See no test results can be dead accurate there are some changes in the speed which can be undetected by any of the high quality speed tests so you might not be getting the speed exactly the same one which you are seeing in the results. So there might be some fluctuation. However if the speed difference is up to 2-3 mbps then I will surely think of changing the speed test generator. So In your case you have done the right thing but changing to Comcast it is much better than the dsl.

I would advice you to have a look at the shaperprobe application. It is a much better application and I must say that the working of the application is quite good. The main thing of this application is that it will show you the actual speeds of your broadband without the powerboost technology. So I think that will help you in showing the exact speed tests. I would say that Comcast is a good technology but I would recommend you t have a look at this one as well. So I hope you have got the exact response.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Thanks a lot for all the information that you all have given here and let me say that the information that I have got here is good and It is nice to see everyone supporting me with the initiative, the truth is that the dsl people have actually gone to make the test results worse for the high speed broadband. So thanks a lot for all the efforts that you all have put In to solve my issue.