Thread: Java speed test giving error

Java speed test giving error

Hello everyone, I hope you all are clear with the problem of mine after having read the title. Well what I wanted to say here is that whenever i try to run the java speed test application I get an error saying that application has failed to run. I don’t know what can be the problem here. I was just browsing the internet few days back and I happened to come across a link which claimed to have a java speed test done. So I just clicked on this link and with the installation I began to run it at that time I got an error saying that application cannot run. Now what is the problem here. Please suggest me some solutions here.

Re: Java speed test giving error

According to me you must have a proper java version installed in your system. You might not be having any latest version of the java software and hence that’s why it is giving you this problem. So better be careful install the latest java version in your system and then try running the latest version of the java speed test. So do that and let me know if you are successfully able to run the speed test in your system. So do get back to me as early as possible.

Yes even I agree that you must have a proper check that if you have the latest version of the java software installed in your system. Do check if you have a proper version of the j2sdk software installed in the system. So do have a look at it that as well. Well I cannot say much without having a look at the error so it would be great if you can send me a part of the error details that you are getting in the system. So if possible do get the latest j2sdk for the system and also get back to me with the error report. So do get back to me as early as possible.

Yes, I did have a check about this in the system and I found out that I have the latest version of java installed in the system. Yes I also have the j2sdk in the system as well. So what else should I require? Yes I will give you a report of error that I am getting here well here is the error report
    Code:
    load: class Speed.class not found.
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Speed.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Speed.class
    So this is what the error that I get. So anything more that you can tell here then do let me know about it. I would be glad to hear it from you all.

Looking at the error is seems that the applets classes and the objects file are missing. So just have a check in the system if an applet folder is there in the java class. See sometimes while scanning your system with the antivirus you tend to remove some folder or a file which might be important to you. So that leads to the important files being flushed out of the system. So It is better to have a j2sdk version reinstalled in the system and then try running the speed test may be that will help you. So do go ahead and let me know if you are able to get some results.

Yes, got the point that you are trying to make here. I will do the same thing that is suggested by you and lets see if I am able to get something out of it. So lets hope that I get through the problem. The description that you had described is quite true and I must admit that it can happen. So I will surely have a re installation done and will get back to you if it has helped me or not. So thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate your efforts.