Thread: Sprint 3g: Very poor performance

Sprint 3g: Very poor performance

I travel many for job and some weeks before, my company gave me a Sprint AirCard 3G. Since then I have traveled through several states and have had very little reliable connections. I had my modem replaced several times and tried different models, so they have ruled out problems with the team for me. Even in places like Los Angeles and Orange County, I received a very low speed (especially during daylight hours). What's going on with the Sprint data network? I'm about to tell my company that is useless, because I am still paying for hotel Wi-Fi or go to a cafeteria. Is there anything else I can do? Is there some kind of network maintenance or upgrade happens that causes these problems? Please if anyone has any idea about this than provide me.

Re: Sprint 3g: Very poor performance

Between August 2009 and October 30, 2010, my Sprint 3G connection was perfectly fine. Average download speed is 900Kbps and average upload speed is 800Kbps, both numbers well above Sprint 700kb/350kb specifications. On the morning of October 30, 2010, download speed became essentially worthless, which runs between 500bps and 1kbps. No, those are not typos kbps to 600bps, NO. In addition, every 70 to 90 seconds of the connection timeout for 40 seconds. And, most peculiar, the load was completely normal. I immediately reported.

Not all areas of the country are affected. However, judging from the report one by one, the problem is widespread dramatically. And also remember that in October and November a series of reports appeared in these forums in the sense that Sprint's 3G networks was experiencing very slow download speeds and timeouts NORMAL brings about upload speeds, a peculiarity that appears again and again with this problem. Of course you have not been exaggerated. The Sprint 3G minimum specification is 600 and 350 above. Obviously those meet or exceed the technical specifications.

My download speed is usually 1.5 mb / s. rarely changes. I am using a compass 597 USB broadband modem. Two days ago I was going down as low as 0.20 mb / s. and speed tests in many different places ranging from 0.20 mb / s to 0.5 mb / s. It has been as high as 1.2 mb / s, once or twice, but within minutes was back to 0.20 MB / s. I have a DSL line as a backup, and that must be accessible 24x7x365 from my job requires it and hit my computer, 0,750 MB / s every time I use the DSL connection and it works fine. That's the highest speed DSL offered in my neighborhood. I live 10 miles from Manhattan, so I cannot understand why I'm not getting the results of Sprint had about a year. The pc has no bug problems and was scanned with 3 programs, none of which indicate a trouble. Any thoughts would be respected.

When my speed is mediocre suspected of being in 1x well, but my connection manager shows that I'm on EVDO Rev. The speeds are at a standstill middling for a 3G broadband card (I utilized the card in Louisiana and Texas last week) so my group is annoying HSDPA T-Mobile and Verizon services. Our company offers all of us with phones from Verizon, so Verizon can opt for the needs of our data as well. The T-Mobile network is impressive in metropolitan areas (low ping and maximum speeds), but coverage outside metropolitan areas often EDGE / GPRS creates a problem for us.

Have you attempted a totally dissimilar model of modem? Are you utilizing the similar equipment for all these results? The results have to point to that something is mistaken with the hardware in some way. But if you have tried several units, which looks improbable. We have 4 Sprint modems, modem, Verizon and AT & T SIM that is used in multiple modems and a GlobeSurfer III. Generally have surplus one device to connect, so traveling with a router or CradlePoint GSIII whether the use of AT&T. We use Sprint especially air transport, and other Chicago and Phoenix, I do not remember ever drop below 1Meg. Travelling by car take the Verizon if we in the ass in the world, definitely cover more area. But in cities, my experience is that the Sprint usually works best.