Thread: When using a router in Comcast internet service the speed is been reduced drastically.

When using a router in Comcast internet service the speed is been reduced drastically.

Recently I had just got an internet installed at my place, the internet service that I am using is Comcast internet service, the modem that I am using is Arris WBM760A which is been provided by the Comcast itself. Also I am using Linksys WRT54GL which is a WIFI residential gateway for a long time, as I am connected to the router with the help of the Ethernet cable the speed that I get is more faster than the speed which I normally get in the router when I am in wireless mode. This is okay as I had an RCA modem present with me, I was just thinking that is there any of the compatibility issue between the Arris modem and the Linksys router that is present with me, please help me in this thing.

Re: When using a router in Comcast internet service the speed is been reduced drastically.

I think there is some kind of the problem that is occurring between the old Linksys and its firmware, when I tried the same in my system the reduction in the speed was terrible as I was struggling with the same router only, but when my friends saw the exact position that was happening , he just told me to change the device as it was an old model and according to him all the old device that are present will have the capacity of around 8 megs for the internet speed, so just try doing that and see what it happens after you doing this thing.

Re: When using a router in Comcast internet service the speed is been reduced drastically.

A lot of time is been past and the sped that is been provided by the Comcast cable internet service is been very low as compared to the others, lots of query like the pages time out are been seen in the browser of mine. I tried checking the speed of the internet connection, but it is not that good as it is very low. The value of the ping in the result was very bad as compared to the standard ones. Also gave a call to the customer representative regarding the issue but the thing is that I am not satisfied with the work that they had done to my system and the router because the problem is still present in it.

The issue that I was facing is similar to yours, I also gave a call to the customer care and they sent a engineer to overcome the problem that I was facing, the main issue that was present in the modem was that they initially installed the out dated version of the modem which were not able to handle the stress level that were been provided by me while downloading huge files from the internet, so as it was replaced by a new one it was giving the actual speed that it should be giving, also I told them to replace the router which was also an old model, and everything was working fine for me.

I think that the Comcast people are short in staff as whenever I try calling them the most of the lines are busy and also some of the customer representative are not up to the mark in solving the solution that are been provided, I always told the customer representative to send an engineer as it was a long time that a engineer came and provided the services to the modem and other stuff, but no, they used to say that the engineer will be arriving soon but they never came.